1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight, Bi or Gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Calix, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Calix

I came out as trans 2/3 months ago and so far it's going okay, though my parents are still adjusting. Now when I first started this process I was pretty sure I was gay as I've always had a strong attraction to guys and only had boyfriends before.

Then a few weeks ago out of nowhere I started getting fantasies about a girl I know. she is one of the only two girls I've ever had a crush on, but it was a long time ago and as far as I was aware I was moved on. The thing is we don't talk much other than when around other friends. Me and her have never had any deep conversations, everything I know about her past is via our best friend. Generally when I look at a girl I can tell they're pretty, but never feel any type of sexual attraction, except in this one case.

It's really messing with my head cause I was so certain I was a gay guy. It was one of the ongoing thoughts when I was trying to work out if I was or wasn't trans.

I'm not planning to do anything with it, she has a boyfriend and even if she didn't, I doubt she would be interested in a transman - especially one she knew for years as a girl. But since the fantasies started I've found it harder and harder to feel turned on when thinking about other guys. Could this mean I'm bi and just fluctuating?

Or am I really straight and not gay?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know why you'd jump from gay to straight on the basis of one experience...

I have read that sometimes trans people feel their orientation change the longer they spend in their correct gender and I guess it would make sense for your brain to connect to someone you already knew.

I wouldn't go rethinking your orientation just yet. How many times do we get people here asking "I thought about this one person, am I gay" and we tell them that they shouldn't assume just because they like one person!

3. Calix

Point xD I'm probably just Bi, it's just a total shock to have such sudden strong feelings when I've never looked at girls like that before :/