1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop worrying

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yeahyeah2, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How can I stop worrying about everything and not care at all about the other people (including my loved ones). I just need stop thinking about them all the time and do my activities like a normal person. I would like not to acre about anything ever.

If I am in the spectrum, why am I thinking about all these things all the time?

2. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have all the answers but I worry about everything too. As I write this, I'm in the middle of another sleepless night, feeling like a useless failure. All we can do is keep going. Despite feeling like this, I don't want to give up. I want to keep going. And you can keep going too.

Saying that, it's so painful to care so much, but it makes you a thoughtful and caring person and that's valuable. It's so tempting to want to remove all our feelings, but our feelings are what make us who we are. If you're really struggling though please always reach out, seek help. You deserve it.

I can't tell you why you are the way you are. I'm not a professional. But overthinking can be controlled. It may be a long journey but there is always help out there, both professional and through places like this forum.

So please keep trying. Please be kind to yourself. Please keep talking. Because you don't have to feel like this alone.

JordanJB and Prisma like this.
  3. Prisma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think feelings like this come and go like waves for me-- worrying. I hope you feel better. We don't have to be perfect. Thank you for your words, "please keep trying, please be kind to yourself, please keep talking...you don't have to feel like this alone" And I like how you say "please." You're so nice!

4. PrettyBoyBlue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello stranger, I don't know that I have a great answer for you, but I will share my own view.

It might sound dramatic, but over the last couple years I've had a lot of big issues to deal with: addiction/mental health issues in the family, my own physical and mental health issues... a lot of stuff. I've had so many big things, that it's helped me to prioritize what's important to ME (and no one else). It's much harder to worry about the smaller things now. I don't know if there's an easier way to stop worrying. I hope there is. But that's just my personal story.

I will say that apathy is rather liberating. A few years ago, I would have thought I was a "loser" for thinking that! I think that worrying and caring are two different things though. Any time I worry, I ask myself, "Do I actually care about this person, topic, situation?" It's helped me a lot to cut down on the worrying.

:peace:

#4 PrettyBoyBlue, Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    Prisma likes this.