1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereotype vs real people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lesbian:

Manly/butch: I have long hair. I am a shirts and a jeans type of girl. I find myself more tomboyish than that. I like to wear things that I am comfortable in so...

Likes Home Depot: Rarely go unless my family and I need something from there.

Hates men: No. I hate jerks. I hang out with a few friends who are male and all are awesome!

Likes cats: Love dogs

Wears flannel: I like button down shirts, but usually just wear a regular t-shirt.

Vegan/vegetarian: Um, nope. I like eating meat.

Couldn't get a man: Not entirely true.

Overweight: Nope, I am 135 and around 5'6".

Likes camping: Hm.... depends where we go.

Drives a Subaru: Nope, Ford Taurus...it runs well :slight_smile:

Into sports: I rarely play them, but if I do I would rather play than watch.

Watched The L Word: What is this?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gay:
    Has a lisp: Nope
    Loves fashion: Nope
    Liberal: Yep.
    I like to go shopping: Nope.
    Feminine: Nope.
    Promiscuous: Nope.
    Confused: Nope.
    Likes Broadway shows: I've never been to one
    Likes pop divas/mainstream poppy music: aha no.
    Closer to mom than dad: Wayyy closer to my dad
    Decorator, fashion designer etc: Sure, but your house and clothes will look badd
    Way more female friends than male: Good friends are guys, but I find it easier to click with girls, so I have tons of girl acquaintances.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm known as the gay walker, all the strength and none of the weaknesses. No one ever believes me when I tell them I'm gay, so I guess I don't fit the stereotype at all.

4. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Rude: No

Butch: Not really (have short hair but all in all not really butch)

Wears man's clothes: rarely

Overweight: No, almost skinny

Vegetarian: yes, I can't understand how y'all eat meat!!?

Hates men: sometimes, little feministic:slight_smile:

Sportloving: Love to do sports but not watching it

Watches L word: Never done that

Male best friends: No, all boys here are stupid

5. BelleFromHell

Lesbian:

Masculine: NO. I'm a tomboy, but I still look fairly girly and I'm far from masculine. I don't like to wear dresses and skirts often, but it's not because I don't like the way they look. They make me feel really uncomfortable because I fear that people can see my panties. It's more about OCD tendencies than not liking the way they look.

Gamer: Totally fit into this one. I loves me some videogames. :grin:

Crazy cat lady: I'll admit that I have a soft spot for cats, but I don't really have any interest in owning one, at least not at the moment.
    Even if I change my mind, I'd only have one. I'd personally rather have a goldfish. They're much easier to take care of and they're freaking adorable. :icon_bigg

Overweight: I'm 5'8" and I weight about 122lb. If anything, that's underweight.

Alchohol/drug problem: You kidding? I'm the only person in my family who DOESN'T drink/do drugs.

Obsessed with Lady Gaga and Madonna: I think they're good artists and I admire what they do for the LGBT community, but I'm far from obsessed. I think Madonna is a bit of a bitch nowadays.

Drives a Subaru: I don't drive yet, but I do like Subarus. My first car is most likely going to be a Volvo though, my mother loves those.

Man-hating femminist: I do consider myself a femminist, but only because I believe that people of all genders should be treated equally. I don't do that man-hating bullshit.

Radical liberal: I am a little liberal, but I'm far from radical. My political views are more independent.
    I don't think fealons should be allowed to carry guns and I think the battle to carry guns in churches that's going on here in Georgia is ridiculous, but I still believe regular people should be allowed to carry concealed guns to protect themselves. Just don't go cuo-cuo with it.
    I'll admit that the religous right makes me absolutely bonkers, but I don't hate all religous people, only the extremists.

Secular: I'm agnostic, so YEP.

Hipster: I'll admit that I'm fairly hipster, but I don't hate everything that's mainstream.

Vegan: I have iron-deficiency anemia, so no, I can't be vegan. Even if I didn't have it, I still wouldn't be a vegan. I love chicken, beef, turkey, and cheese WAY too much to give it up.
    I wouldn't mind giving up pork though, EW.

Abused as a child: Emotionally, yes. Sexually, no.
    I guess I fit into the lesbian with daddy issues stereotype. My birth-father and step-father are both asshats.

Obsessed with The L Word: I've never even watched that show before, but I watched a commercial for it and it doesn't seem too interesting to me.

Can't get a man: I've had dudes hit on me all my life, so no. If I wanted one, I wouldn't have trouble getting one.

Into sports: I played basketball, volleyball and soccer when I was little, but only because my dad made me. It was kinda fun, but I was terrible with them all and I don't think sports are my thing.

Emotional issues: I have bipolar disorder, so I guess that's a yes. I don't think it has much to do with me being gay, though. My mom has it also, so I probably got it from her.

Promiscuous; NO, I'm far from it. I can get horny sometimes, but I'm still a virgin. I want to wait until I find the woman of my dreams before I have sex. Sleeping with someone I don't love would feel violating.
    All the straight people I know are much more slutty than I am.

Is willing to do threesomes: REALLY?! Please read the above.

Commits early: I'm really picky about what woman I want to date (hence why I'm still single). I only want to date a woman that I LOVE and I don't want to date more than a few women before I'm married. But still, I want to be in a long term relationship before I marry.

Butch/femme relationships: Sorry, that's not my thing. I want to be with a woman who's like me.

Who would be the 'man' in your relationship: NEITHER ONE OF US, DAMNIT. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS.

Stereotypes: mostly fail.

#25 BelleFromHell, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  6. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I agree with all your attitudes!!!!:slight_smile:

7. Kamina

Lesbian

Obsessed with plaid: not particularly

Dresses like a man: not really but in no way am I girly girl. I haven't worn a dress because I wanted to in 3 years now.

Loves Cats: I'm more of a dog person

Hates men: I tend to get along with guys better than girls!

Hate makeup: I wear the bare minimum if I'm feeling it but other than that yes.

Hate bras: I think all WOMEN struggle with this

Hate shaving: no I rather enjoy being clean shaven

Love sports: no. Never. I'm into the arts

Tomboy as a kid: nope!

Obsessed with the L word: well who isn't?

Try to recruit straight women: no use beating a dead horse, not to insinuate SW are dead horses.

Serious/no fun: well I think I'm funny

Butch women are overweight and have short hair: well I'm not REALLY butch, but yea I cut my hair off because I hated it and I'm kinda chubby but I'm working on that!

Just a Phase: well I hope not. :grin:

Stereotype: probably about half and half.... uhh sorry guys.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That my good sir, was an epic blade reference.

9. IsThisAName

How could I forget? I love Orange Is the New Black and if you ask me about Alex Vause I will ramble for 5 minutes about my huge crush. Typical lesbian right there, huh? :roflmao:

10. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gay

Feminine: My closest friends have witnessed my more feminine side. Mainly though, I'm way more masculine.

High pitched voice: Nope. I've actually been complimented many times by girls who say that I have a sexy deep voice.

Shopping: If it's for a movie, yes. The only clothing that I really shop for is shirts. I look for nice button-ups to wear. So I guess yea, I'm a shopper.

Conscious About Appearance: I love my hair. I spend the most time in the morning fixing my hair. I love looking well groomed. I'm no fashion expert, but I do enjoy looking nice.

Hates Sports: I happen to enjoy sports (and not just for the guys). I am so pumped for the UConn vs. Florida game! I also get way too into baseball. I don't follow football, but I'll watch it if its on.

Lisp: Not even slightly.

Liberal: Only when it comes to Gay Marriage and religion. Everything else I am a conservative.

11. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lesbian
    -Manly/Butchy: I have medium-lenght hair and shop in the female's section of the shops. I do love shorts and jeans over skirts and dresses, but I also wear the last two in parties. I wear make-up, and straighten my hair when I have to... but I also hate pink with passion... I don't even know why.
    Hates men: Why would anyone hate someone based on their gender? It's insane.
    Vegan/Vegetarian:... guilty. I did try to go vegetarian last year, thought I had to quit.
    Into sports: The only reason I ever passed gym is pity. I'm horrible at every single sport in the world.
    Likes cats: I don't like them. At all.
    Can't get a man: I get hit on guys on the street, but never in a party or by a classmate.
    Wears flannels: Never have I tried one, though they do seem comfortable.

12. Niko

Transgender:

Confused: Definitely not confused. I've felt this way since I was five.

Mentally disturbed: I don't believe so. Unless I'm so disturbed I don't realize it.

We hate our bodies: Can't say I "hate" my body. I just wish it wasn't the way it was.

Drag shows: PFFFFT no way

You can tell right away: Nawh, you look at me and you'll probably think lesbian
    before trans.

We're weird: Well I am weird. But I don't think because I'm transgender has anything to do with it.

We're perverts: No no no! I had someone (online) say I'm going to touch little kids because I'm a transman. :dry: I didn't take that very well.

We're all prostitutes: I don't even want to have sex with my future boyfriend, let alone tons of people and sell myself for it. .-.

13. BelleFromHell

Thank you! :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 2nd Apr 2014 at 06:54 PM ----------

"But how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?"

(Just kidding, I wanted to reference Pink Floyd. :lol:slight_smile:

#33 BelleFromHell, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  14. ScatteredEarth

Bisexual:

Promiscuous: The concept of promiscuity disgusts me, I can't bare the thought of multiple sexual relationships at a time, and infidelity, while I don't mind if other people do it, is something that I would end up hating myself for doing, it would make me less of a man.
    Untrustworthy: I have lied before, but who hasn't? I'm guaranteed to keep a secret and about 99.9% of the things that come out of my mouth are true. (Except this sentence, or is it?)
    Indecisive: Regarding attraction? No, regarding everything else, hell yes.. I'll stare at a menu for a solid 10 minutes, or stand in the middle of the isle at 7/11 just staring at things.
    If in relationship, also craves other gender: Nope, I'm in a relationship with a man, so all the females, please move out the way.
    Confused: I know who I am
    Doesn't exist: I think I exist?
    In a phase: Nah, don't think so.

Additional notes: masculine with 'feminine' traits such as a severe arachnophobia, an unwillingness to kill large insects, a cat lover, etc etc.

Summary: I think I shot the stereotype in the face.

15. Tlarkul

Now I'm curious to see how I'd fare as a gay male.

Lisp: I don't have a lisp so much as an accent (my straight brother has the same accent too).
    Fashion Fanatic: About 99% of my wardrobe was chosen for me; even then, I prefer to wear long sleeved shirts and cargo pants in blue or black for the sake of comfort (I avoid bright colours, even in the summer).
    Political Liberalism: If politics was a food fight between the right and left wings, I'd be hiding under the table with my iPod in the middle of the cafeteria.
    Femininity: My expression seems to lack any masculine or feminine identifiers. My identity leans toward masculinity.
    Promiscuity: I'm not much of a fan of hooking up just because; I'm more of a quality of quantity kind of person (as in long term relationships over one night stands).
    Confusion: I used to be confused, but not anymore.
    Broadway: I've only seen the classics (Rocky Horror Show Live and My Fair Lady in accordance to my recent recollection). Otherwise, I don't care much about musicals.
    Career as a hair dresser, interior designer, or fashion designer: I am an Arts student, but I'm interested in Writing; I can make use of independent thought that way to make a point if I so wish.
    Interest in shopping: Only for anything technological (computers, video games) or for things I already plan to buy in advance. Otherwise, everything else is a waste of time for me.
    Closer relationship to mother than father: My father was never a big part of my life anyway.
    Wealth: I'm a student and I'm trying to find work for the summer in this modern economy. If I was rich like I would be stereotypically, I wouldn't need to get a job.
    Obsession over Lady Gaga, Madonna, etc.: I don't really care much for their music; I'm into rock.
    Dislike of sports: If you were an unfit kid in school, you wouldn't like sports anyway. Even then, I prefer martial arts than regular sports.
    Diversity of friends: Most of my friends in high school were female; even then, I fit in with the geeks (as in awkward social rejects, not people who like nerdy things). These days, the ratio is slowly shifting to include more guys.
    Voice Pitch: Slightly higher than average; most people would think that I'm a high schooler rather than gay due to a combination of my voice pitch and youthful appearance.

Overall fit for gay stereotypes: Sort of. Out of the hundreds of people I've met in my life, only one person suspected I was gay (and she was the first person I came out to; and she was a friend of mine).

16. IsThisAName

YOU! YES, YOU behind the bike sheds! Stand STILL, laddie!!

17. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gay:

Has a lisp: Nope

Loves fashion: Depends, but I'm more of a jeans and hoodies type of person.

Liberal: Moreconservative, but some liberal tendacies

I like to go shopping: Yes, Yes, and yes

Feminine: Around cute guys, very much so. I do enjoy sports though and cars though.

Promiscuous: Nope.

Confused: Only just come to the conclusion.

Likes Broadway shows: I prefer ballet.

Is hairdresser/fashion designer/interior decorator: Will be studying Automotive Engineering.

Stereotype: Somewhat true.

18. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transgender
    Mentally disturbed:How would my GPA stay above 3.5 (whoa, B-sian coming through) if I was mentally ill?
    Radically Liberal: I'm a conservative. I was liberal when I was younger, but I went right and never went back.
    Drag Artist: I admit it. I don't actually like drag artists that much. *cough*RuPaul*cough*
    Sexual Deviant: Time to get out that list of sexual acts that I find gross...
    Confused: Being trans is not fun- I wouldn't say so if I wasn't. Besides, if I was "confused", I probably would not know what transgender people are, and I'd probably use stupid "bunself" pronouns (these crappy pronouns are like a virus- don't let it pass on to other parts of the net).

Bisexual
    Promiscuous: Promiscuity is something I highly disapprove of.
    Untrustworthy: I've lied a lot, but I'm not that bad- I'm not a compulsive liar; I'm just willing to make decisions that aren't so moral. I do what I think is right.
    Indecisive:I generally know what I want when it comes to making goals. Give me a menu? Bam! I want that yam, that soup, all of your base, a Wonton Happiness salad from Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes, and a slice of cheesecake. But if you try to make me choose between two things that I want? ...Not so much.
    Confused: Do these people really think I'm an impressionable moron?
    Doesn't exist: Sadly, people have made up pronouns for "galaxykin" and "people who don't exist". Besides, if I'm here typing this, how do I not exist?
    In a phase: "Golly, mister! I sure would like to get made fun of today!" Nope. I won't have any of that shit on my watch.

Tl;Dr: Not a sterotype. In fact, I don't have a Typical Trans Man Name, either. (Christopher sounds nothing like "Aidan" or "Skylar".)

#38 An Gentleman, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  19. awesomeness

Gay:

Likes listening to female artists: I mainly do, yes

Hangs around girls: Never had a close female friend. All my close friends are guys. Guess I just prefer guys in all aspects

Loves shopping: Only with guy-friends, looking for male-related stuff

Hates sports: The only sport I love is swimming

Is really feminine: Although I'm interested in some feminine stuff, my outside appearance/mannerisms aren't feminine at all

Loves girly drinks: My favorite drink is vodka

Liberal and non-religious: As liberal and as non-religious as it gets

#39 awesomeness, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  20. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexual
    Promiscuous: nah
    Untrustworthy: nope, im always faithful to friends/family
    Indecisive: sometimes I guess
    If in relationship, also craves other gender: i hate to say sometimes :frowning2:
    Confused: kinda. Still doubt if im gay or bi
    Doesn't exist: im pretty sure i exist
    In a phase: 99.9% sure its not