1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STD Question

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alwayshope11, Dec 6, 2012.

1. alwayshope11

I've been doing so good, but I think I have a genital wart on my penis shaft and I'm like freaking out. It seems different than ppp or fordyces spots and it could just be skin where I was corcumcised, but I have a horrible feeling its a wart....now I feel like I can never date it have sex and now I feel like I need an anal Pap smear ugh..I'm so sick

2. alwayshope11

I think It may just be part of my perineum Raph or skin messed up from circumscision..how can I know thedifference

3. alwayshope11

What are your thoughts on vinegar testing to test bumps, skin tags, etc for hpv? Should I try this at home or wait to see my doctor??

4. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd say just go to a doctor, you can get tested, and treatment if it a wart, and if not you'll feel better.

5. alwayshope11

Plus it's been three years since I did anything with someone who wasnt a virgin

6. alwayshope11

I know someone said once they recommend anal Pap smears if you've had genital warts, but does that mean anal genital warts or even just on your penis!? And what about If u have skin tags on your penis..which I do..do u need a pap since they may be caused by hpv?

7. BiWidow

From what I have read, there isn't an HPV test for men. I would go to a doctor if I were you.

8. KaraBulut

Having another bad day?

9. alwayshope11

I was..but I feel better now.. just a bit of a panic issue... I've been able to get over them a lot quicker!

10. alwayshope11

And I'm sure ud tell me if u thought skin tags were a genital hpv infection

11. alwayshope11

Went to the derm...he said he doesn't think it's a genital wart! He said it could be pearly penile papules, but I'm not sure cuz they are more on my shaft then the rim of my head...or sebaceous glands. He took a biopsy just to be sure. But yaya

12. alwayshope11

Would inactive/dormant hpv show up on a biopsy?

13. lilbit55

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you shave the hair like all the hair on your genitals they they go away and buy all new undies.....my sister had them

14. Convoy

Yeah if they've been there a while it's likely that they are papules, I have them around the head of my penis and a few others scattered around. Not painful at all though a tad sensitive, been there all my life. To a point some skin piling and stuff is normal, like skin tags.

I've also got keratosis pilaris which has given me a bunch of small goosebump like/raised bumpy skin deformations on a bunch of my body. It's genetic and totally harmless but I basically can't wear silk or smooth fabrics, they'll stick to em.

Yeah crabs can be pretty much cured by shaving and wearing fresh cloths that they don't inhibit, in fact they are becoming an increasing rarity with people shaving more these days and may be nearly extinct in the coming decades.

15. alwayshope11

And would it be contagious?

16. alwayshope11

Kara- if there is no test for hpv, how do they see it on biopsies and Pap smears?

17. KaraBulut

There is a test. It's the PCR that we use to test for the presence of different types of viral DNA. It just has little or no value as a standalone test.

A large percentage of sexually-active heterosexual women in their 20s will test positive for HPV on their cervical smears. It is that common in the heterosexual community. However for most of these women, their HPV infections either resolve on their own or they don't cause disease.

For women in their thirties, a Pap smear is looking for abnormal cervical cells and HPV. The combination of the two triggers additional testing. HPV by itself without an abnormal cell finding doesn't have much value because it's not a treatable finding.

18. alwayshope11

Oh ok...but they only use that for Pap smears? Cuz I have a lesion in my mouth that the ral surgeon thinks is oral lichen planus...I am getting a biopsy but I googled it an read it may contain hpv and was wondering if that would be seen in a biopsy/if I would need to worry about that and spreading it....with kissing and oral

19. KaraBulut

Ya gotta stop Googling this stuff.... :slight_smile:

20. alwayshope11

L

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2013 at 03:53 AM ----------

Lol you're right