1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to feel happy :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katmando, Apr 25, 2008.

1. katmando

I guess I am truly starting to feel happy even though I am still struggling here and there. I am really glad I joined Front Runners. I really fit in. They meet 3 times a week, and because they just started running again, its still not as active as I would like it to be. Like Yesterday I went and I was the only guy there. The thing was I drove all the way downtown because I thought other people would show up. I was the only one. Oh well. I go again tomorrow. The weekends seem much busier.

I did run around the park by myself and it was kind of lonely, but the park is near a suburb where there is a large gay population. As I ran I saw a few gay couples out and they seem to be having a good time, just walking with there dog and each other. I kept thinking this is just what I want.

I have struggled a ton for the last 10 years, but I just have a feeling that this is going to be Justin's summer :slight_smile: I really have a good feeling that I am going to meet some really great gay men through this running group and form some solid relationships and hopefully a romantic relationship. I know I want to be in a really loving relationship.

There is something really special about being gay. I am just beginning to realize it though. One thing I have realized about myself is I am shy man, who needs a little nurturing, but am confident I will get through some of my challenges.

Will keep you guys posted
    Justin

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Yay Justin!!! I'm superglad things are going well for you (!)
    And, well, regarding your 'shyness', you're working it well by really committing to the group you joined to the point on showing up even thouhg nobody else did. That speaks a lot from you.

I hope everything goes as smooth as it's going now! (*hug*)

I bet it is, but I need help trying to find it. HELP?! (not to hickjack your thread - someone answer me via PM *cries*)

3. Louise

Yay Justin, what a wonderfull attitude, I am so proud of you (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) :kiss:
    I'm sure this will be Justin's summer, you certainly deserve it!

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree with Louise! The positive attitude is going to get you exactly what you are wanting! :slight_smile:

5. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I'm really happy that you feel things are starting to get better, and you certainly sound a lot better about things, and optimistic, which is brilliant (!). It can be a struggle, I think, but if you ever feel you're slipping again, or you start to find the times when you feel happy and optimistic (like you did when you posted) are occurring less frequently, just come on here and I'll try and help :slight_smile:

But I think it's brilliant, and I hope things continue onwards and upwards for you!

ps - thinking you can get through the challenge is half the challenge