1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Started talking to some of my friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DaijiHz, Feb 18, 2012.

1. DaijiHz

So, what were your first steps? I've been told I'm still in the decision making process, but venting to some of my closest friends is helping.
    What did anyone else try?
    Would it be too early for me to start anything like this if I haven't figured things out for myself?

2. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Do you think it's a bad thing if your friends get the idea that you are someone who tries to be honest with himself about himself and engages in self-examination once in a while? Dude, if it turned out you were totally straight, you've still told your friends a lot of positive things about your character. They will look more highly upon you, and they will generally trust you better. If not, I would have to wonder if they have good priorities themselves.

3. Hazel

Some friends are good to talk to about this, others aren't. When I first started talking to my close friends, I experienced both support and a willingness to talk through what I was feeling, and a need to pigeonhole everything. The former type of friend was a fantastic help, the latter just wound up arguing with me and scoffing at my confusion.

If you trust them and it helps, do it. Don't bottle everything up inside where it's harder to examine.

4. colorful

I'm honestly still really unsure, but I started talking to one of my friends about it who I knew would be supportive and it made me feel ten times better. Sometimes you need other people's opinions on things... as long as they are open-minded.