Soul mates/Love at first sight!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KaotikPrincess, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

^

Yeah too many people.

But I met a guy in my last job, I didn't really speak to him much for certain reasons, now I will never get to see him again, but I always think about him.. and the thing that sucks is, I think he liked me.. :dry:

:icon_sad:

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a little iffy on love at first sight. Love is grown.

But with soul mates I'm a little more forgiving. I'm not at all convinced that for each person there is a *single* person out there for them. But I do believe that for some, there can be a person or people who are perfect spirit matches for them.

I actually dreamed about my partner for 6 years before I met her in real life. We weren't partners in my dreams, but we were very close friends. When we "officially" became an item (3 months after we met), everything was ridiculously positive...the level of compatibility in every way was so unbelievable. For both of us it was like we'd found the perfect friend and lover.

And this sense of perfect-ness has not changed in over 25 years! It's not that we've never had troubles or challenges. All couples have those. But we've never lost that feeling of being a perfect match for one another, or that sense that we could overcome any kind of difficulty. I cannot know for sure if our love and partnership were destined, or intended...but it can certainly feel that way.

For those who don't believe in such things, all I can say is: don't ever disbelieve in something wonderful. Doing so does not enrich the world in any way, and only diminishes it. If there is no such thing, believing in it anyway can give one hope; if there is such a thing, disbelieving in it will ensure that it never comes to you...and why should you want to do that?

I know we don't choose our beliefs...what makes sense to us makes sense to us, and we believe it. But we do choose our disbeliefs. Choose to disbelieve anything negative you choose, but if something positive sounds implausible or even impossible, at least be decent enough to keep an open mind.