1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something is wrong

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by worldtraveler, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Nick07

Hi,

do you think taking a break from EC would help? I don't mean it in a bad way. Perhaps getting involved at another board (about traveling? :slight_smile:) would give you some peace.

2. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So go out and live it! Sure, some people realize their gender identity later in life, but believe me, it's not a sudden, overnight realization. It won't sneak up on you and bash you in the face and make you miserable. So why do you think that you'll suddenly feel like a woman? And what does a woman feel like? Do women that hate makeup and high heels like you do still feel like women, or does their hatred render them men? And do men that like those things have to feel like women, or could they be men that happen to like some traditionally feminine things?

Personally, I agree with cassie29. If these obsessions are persistent, it might be best to speak with a therapist. And I agree with nick07, too - it might benefit you to spend some time away from ec, at least out of the gender section. You owe it to yourself to take your life back. Please consider trying to get to the root of these obsessions and clearing your mind. I know it's tough when you're questioning, and I know that questioning one thing leads to questioning another and another, and sometimes you get turned around and you don't even know for sure who you are. But at the end of the day, we're all just us. So do yourself a favor, and do what comes naturally and comfortably to you, and don't worry about what little boxes you fit into. You'll sleep better at night, that's for sure.