1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... What manga are you reading right now ?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Aeolia, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    if you're reading this you probably enjoy books, but mostly if they still got pictures in them... and if you can read them from right to left. I'm not one to judge but that's oddly specific.

So, what have you all been reading or trying to read ?

as for myself I've been stuck on Detective Conan for a few months now. I don't read as much as I used to and it's quite a challenging marathon.
    Mysteries are nice, the art is on point if you ignore same-face syndrome :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but it's really really really really stretched. I'm almost 400 chapters in and the storyline has barely budged.

So, what's the last manga y'all picked up and what kept you reading it or made you put it down ? (not finishing the first chapter because it was lame also counts)

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last one that I can remember that made me just keep going was actually a Korean web novel called Solo Leveling. I read through the novel and also the manwha (korean comics). I think they also made an anime adaption, but I haven't watched it. It has 14 volumes and 270 chapters.

I love mysteries too. Dectetive Conan is definetly my all time favourite. I reccomend it. It definetly can get a bit boring, but the story itself is great. I was so into it, because I wanted to know how it all would get resolved and art is nice indeed. I don't remember anymore, what chapter I stopped at though. I think it was almost somewhere 300 chapters in.

3. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been hearing about solo leveling for years, it's even got printed copies in my country. Waiting for it to end before dive into it. It's hard enough to reread the whole of Tower of God every 2 to 3 years to stay up to date.
    My brain keeps telling me it's a "The Gamer" ripoff but I have no clue.

4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I skimmed a bit of The Gamer, because I have never heard of it before. I only managed to read a bit, but I do see a similarity between the two. In the past when I was still reading I didn't really care if something is a rip off or not. I just enjoyed reading them. I'm tempted to buy the printed copies of Solo leveling, if I can find them.

And yes I agree it's so hard to stay up to date with many of them, because they get updated so slowly. It's frustrating.

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm slowly (very slowly) making my way through Boku no Hero Academia. I'm not even a quarter of the way through yet. I really want to read Spy X Family but I haven't gotten there.

6. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Guest

It has been a long time since I've read manga. The last one I read was Ouran High School Host Club. I am currently trying to navigate the best ways to find LGBTQ+ books at used book stores when not knowing very many authors. I was thinking it would be nice to find a new manga series.

7. UndoneStateOfMe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Right now I am reading Black Paradox by Junji Ito! I need to buckle down and really dig into his stuff but I have been terrible about keeping up with my reading. I still need to finish up the last book of Tezuka's Dororo as well, gah :cold_sweat:

8. Isadoorian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd like to finish my Beserk Volume 3, then likely finish Demon Slayer on the Viz App before moving onto One Piece and my first two Trigun anime manga volumes.