1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So..There’s this girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chewbaca, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So there’s this girl in my government class who I’ve had my eyes on all semester. The first time we talked, she approached me to tell me that she liked what I said in class. I asked her her name that day and that’s how it all started. she didn’t really comment much in class at the beginning of the semester, but after our conversation, she started giving her opinion more and more in class and I started noticing. She’s incredibly intelligent and well spoken. It wasn’t until 2 or 3 classes later that I noticed how incredibly gorgeous she is. Not even pretty, just plain gorgeous. And that’s when the real crush started. Great personality and gorgeous. Damn
    We’ve had really good conversations after class here and there when I don’t leave class too late. There’s been times where the conversation was so good that she’d tell me she’d text me later but she’d never text me. She’s done that two times(say she’ll text me later and not text me later) so I think maybe she’s not a phone person. I don’t know. But I’m thinking of taking the risk and asking her out over the phone. Literally. I was gonna text her saying if I can call her and then call her asking her out to coffee or tea since I don’t drink coffee. Anyone have any thoughts?

2. CathyMia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You should go for it. Though maybe because you two don't normally communicate through phone asking her out in person may be a better option.

3. UMedusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First, I would see if she can go get a drink when you are talking in person, just see if it works at that time. If not, maybe you can find a time to schedule it. You'll be able to see her non-verbal cues and it won't be hard for her to say no if she can't do it. It's just... spontaneous. No pressure. Then, I would ask her out via text. That's just my experience. It's less confrontational. I wouldn't call, it just seems like the worst of both worlds. Best of luck! :slight_smile:

4. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That’s a good idea! I’m gonna ask her out to grab tea or lunch after class tomorrow. We never really got to discuss the show she recommended so I’ll say it’s for that since she’s not a phone person. Only reservation may be that she drives and I don’t. I Uber everywhere so it’d be awkward having to wait for an Uber when she can just drive from class to the place where we’re going right away unless she gives me a ride.

UMedusa likes this.
  5. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I’m glad you said that because asking her out in person would be the better option. I’d just have to be super confident when asking her out which is hard because that’s the most vulnerable way to ask someone out.

CathyMia likes this.
  6. UMedusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Taking Uber a lot is a conversation in itself. You sound like a great person to go on a lunch date with, I'd be shocked if she didn't offer to drive. Just be yourself! :slight_smile: Best of luck, Chewie.

7. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll just chime in and agree with @UMedusa. Your friend is probably looking forward to talking more with you. It's good that you have figured out she is not a text-crazy person. So now you won't put yourself through the "twisting in the wind, waiting" torment. Good luck!