1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there’s this girl...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chewbaca, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So there’s this girl in my film studies class in college that fancies me. Tomorrow is my last day in that class. We’ve very briefly talked a few times this semester, but never had a full-blown conversation. I’ve complimented her on her style a few times and she’s said thank you. She’s incredibly beautiful. I literally have no idea how she’s single. She’s reserved but not shy because there have been few times when she’s added her input in class discussions.I like that she isn’t one of those people who just raises their hand to speak because they just want to hear their own voice or be the subject of attention. When she says something it’s usually very thought provoking. I thought I had a type which was extroverted but I guess I don’t have a type.
    She asked me where I was from one class and I told her and I think I asked her where she was from. I requested her on Facebook a few days ago and she just accepted my request. I’m wondering if I should ask her out for coffee over Facebook or wait until the last day. Usually in that class, she leaves a lot earlier than me so that’s why I’m reluctant to wait until tomorrow. I also don’t know what her sexuality is. She dated a guy according to Facebook but they’ve broken up. I’m a fairly confident person(swear that’s not to sound pretentious) but she’s one of those girls that would make me nervous and make me want to be on my best behavior. I feel she’s the type to make me want to be a better person. Seeing her friends and family on Facebook talk about how she’s the sweetest human being just reassures what I already think about her. She’s an English and film major I think which means she likes to read and write and watch movies. I also like to read and write and watch movies and I have always wanted someone who’d critique my writing and screenwriting.
    I hope I’m not jumping the gun, but I just need some advice.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I say ask her, what have you got to lose? Even if it turns out she is straight maybe you can make a friend.

3. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give it a shot. If you want to be more personal, wait till class and try to make the effort to ask her before she leaves. If it doesn't happen, then ask her online. You can say something like "I really wanted to catch you before you left class today, but I was wondering if you'd like to hang out and get some coffee or something some time"

4. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So it turns out that Wednesday was the last day I had her for a class this semester because my school does this thing where the Friday before the week of finals, we don't go to any classes. Our professor gave us our final early so that really was the last day we'd have the class. I seriously didn't know that Wednesday would be the very last day that I'd have her for a class. It sucks that I waited so long. She even sat next to me outside of class while we waited for the last class to finish so we could go in the classroom. I friended her on Facebook and she accepted the friend request. I messaged her on FB, but I don't think she has messenger because she's been on FB quite a few times but it still shows that the message hasn't been read.
    If you feel like it, could you guys send me some good energy and blessings my way. I realize that I may have messed up by waiting until the end of the semester to hit her up, but if it's meant to be, hopefully it will be. I'm not naive. I do realize that there's a possibility that it may not turn out the way I'd like it to with this girl, but any cute, romantic stories of how you met your partner/husband/wife/ fiancee that will give me hope with love in general?

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that's a shame but you know what I agree if it's meant to be it will be and if it's not, this will be a great learning experience and when the next girl comes along you will make sure you take your opportunity.