1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much homework!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by anthonythegamer, Aug 29, 2013.

1. I have AP World History, which is a college-level world history course. I forgot that I would have to do a lot of homework as well. Can anybody give me tips on how to make it seem like less homework?

2. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Spread it out over the week managing your time will dramatically help you, I would do the harder assignments first.

3. Hiems

I would get an assignment pad and write down page numbers you plan to read each day. Spreading it out and writing your goal both help with time management for not only this course, but also other reading-intensive courses, e.g. English.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Break down your tasks until they are so small (and manageable) that you have honestly no reason not to do the small piece. Then just work back up, and soon you'll find you have done a lot. Also, avoid multitasking because that just splits your attention and reduces your overall productivity.

Sometimes it helps to just think about what you want to do, or write things down like others mentioned, before actually doing it. This all depends on your learning style.

5. Sarcastic Luck

Work on small chunks at a time. For example, if you have 30 problems to do and two days to do it, do 15 one day, 15 the other. But! On the first day, go through and answer what you can do easily. If you end up going over the 15, don't worry. Just keep working till you encounter the hard questions. From there, stop and go work on something else.

Alternatively?

[​IMG]

Reward yourself for getting X amount of homework done.

6. Tzoa

Classes just started for me and I think I need to guy buy some candies now.

7. Sarcastic Luck

I intend to do the same.

As a general suggestion. If you have a syllabus for your classes and know what your tests/assignments are, type up a list of everything you have due, divided by subject. Before the assignment name, put when it's assigned, after the name, when it's due. Cross out the assignments as you get them done, and print up an adjusted list of everything due each Monday. It's quite satisfying to see the list steadily getting shorter.

8. Tzoa

Ohh, that's a good idea! I have syllabi for all of my classes, and had planned on putting all my assignments in a planner, but your idea is much better.

9. Sarcastic Luck

It's initially daunting looking, in a "holy fuck that's a lot of shit to do!" kind of way, but I found it easier to manage my time. "Ok. This is do on Thursday, but this isn't due till Monday. So, I need to work on this first then I can work on the other." Or, "These are bother due next week which means I can ignore them and study for this exam."