1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I'm confused about my gender identity and expression

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by patrickst0mp, Jun 24, 2017.

1. patrickst0mp

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I'm a teenage cisgendered girl and I just very recently figured out my sexuality and since then I've been questioning a lot of things about my gender. Not my gender itself, I am a cisgendered female. So for a large part of my life I considered myself a tomboy, but as I get older I realize that I want to be a more masculine person, but still identify as female. I want to dress more masculine, or in "boys clothes", use "men's" shampoo, body wash, deoderant, etc., wear cologne, boxers instead of women's underwear, etc. I want to keep my hair long though and when it comes to binding, part of me wants to because I feel...bad(?) for lack of a better word when I look in the mirror and see anything but a flat chest. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot about myself. I'm fine with my face and most of my body but just something about my chest makes me feel almost sick, like a knot in my stomach. This feeling was around a lot when I was younger, but went away until recently. I identity as lesbian as well. I don't really know what to think or feel because I don't if this feeling will go away again. I don't know how to describe this really or what to tell people. How do I go about this?

2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can still be a girl and dislike your chest, that's fine. I'd say just bind for now and if it doesn't go away, perhaps consider a double mastectomy. And that's only if you want it, it's a very personal choice. You don't have to tell anyone about your discomfort if you don't want to. Maybe simply say you'd rather have a flat chest. It shouldn't be a big deal since a lot of girls I know don't like having breasts.

Oh and make sure you look up correct method of bind and what is safe to use for binding, if you don't have access to proper chest binders. There are a lot of articles and forum posts describing the do's and don'ts, just remember to be safe :relaxed: