1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I told someone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hannahlove, Aug 16, 2018.

1. hannahlove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last night I told my bestfri

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! How did it go?

3. hannahlove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    IGNORE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt mean to post it yet and cant figure out how to delete it

4. hannahlove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It went great. We were texting when I told her but I still told her. It felt great to tell someone especially her. She's the only person who iv ever felt comfortable telling. She's queer so I didn't expect her to mind. We were talking about some pretty personal stuff when I told her. Speaking of that I don't know where that leaves our relationship. I want to talk to her about it but i don't know how to ask her about it. Any advice?

Destin likes this.
  5. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless you're interested in dating her or something, I'd say your relationship probably hasn't changed at all, except you now can add LGBT topics to the list of stuff you talk about with her and will have someone who understands your feelings about it.

It shouldn't be hard to ask her about it - you can just casually mention that you're curious about LGBT stuff and were wondering if you could ask her some things about it. I can't imagine any reason she would say no to that.

6. hannahlove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We were talking about what we would do if one of us was to kiss the other and how we would react. She was really open to it and said if I kissed her she wouldn't mind and I told her if she kissed me I wouldn't mind. She's one of the reasons I stated to question my sexuality I am really open to being in a relationship with her.

7. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like she's at least a little interested in you too if she flat out told you she would kiss you. I'm more forward than most people about stuff like this, but if it were me and someone I were interested in told me that - when we were alone I'd say something like 'hey you remember when we agreed we'd be ok with kissing each other? Do you want to try it right now just to see what it's like?' and things could go from there.

Usually when this happens the person is afraid their friend is straight and would be offended by it, but in your case you already know she's LGBT and she already said she'd kiss you, so yea there's like no risk for you if you want to start pursuing a closer relationship with her

8. hannahlove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "A closer relationship" I like the way that sounds when thinking about her. The next time we're alone I might ask her if she's feels the same way still and what direction she wants to go with it. As dumb as the movies make it sound I really did feel pressure leave when I told her. I really like that feeling.

Destin likes this.