1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I just told my mom...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by premiumheart, Feb 21, 2009.

1. premiumheart

In my other thread, I said that I planned to tell my mom when I go back home in late March. But she caught me on YIM and began asking me why I was so bothered recently. And then I just said it. I laid it out and told her that I'm into guys, and that the liking girls part is still under careful consideration.

And she told me that she and dad had been expecting it, and that dad had told her "He's our son, we have to accept and love him". And that no matter what happens, I should ask God for guidance and that they'll support me if I end up this way or that way. And I feel really good that I finally told her about it.

I mean, that's not to say everything went very well. She said that being gay is not a sin, but the 'lifestyle' is, and that I should still try to love girls over guys. I understand that it'll take a while for her to really accept it wholeheartedly, but I'm willing to wait it out and help her in this. Besides, I'm not ready for a romantic relationship yet and I just want to revel in the fact that a big barrier between us has been broken down and that she'll be there for me.

It feels good.

2. limfjord96

thats so awesome man, i wish my mom was smart enough to operate YIM...lol...i often wish my family would say something, or even notice that i have been miserable and depressed, but they dont say anything...congrats, and i dont know how religious you are, but as far as the lidestyle being a sin, i mean really? thats where ill leave it.

3. Bryan44

Congrats man. It seems like your mom took it pretty well overall. I know you must feel awesome after telling her. :thumbsup:

4. premiumheart

I know. I still have to talk her through some of the details, but right now I'm really glad that she knows.

5. hiddendc4

congrats... and i agree with limfjord96 i wish my old man could operate technology since i had to show him hw to use his cell lol :eusa_doh:

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great news! Technology to the rescue yet again :wink:
    It's good that it wasn't a shock to them. At least they are somewhere further along the coping process than some parents are.

My mother really seems to be getting into skype. Might be worthwile following your example...

7. EM68

Congrats I'm glad it went well.

8. premiumheart

And to add to all this happiness, I just told my sister (two and a half years younger than me). I just logged off after a chat with her through YIM. And she was cool with it, too. I think I'm on a roll. I only really plan to come out to those I'm really close to (for now) and it's been great so far.

And thanks for all the happy messages, guys. :slight_smile:

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight