1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so. i came out to my mom on fri. no it went well.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by misslovely, Jun 11, 2019.

1. misslovely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am. one of those people who is better at expressing themselves through notes/typing then. um verbally. Anyway so on Fri. I gave my mom a note that said 'i'm bisexual' on it and a few other things. I cried. Apparently that meant a lot to her. She is one of those people who is proLGBTQ+. [sorry 'allies' is the correct term.].
    oh and after. she talked about her choir's different sections and how the members who switch sections are 'bisectionals'. I thought that was funny. so ya know. it went well.

It's something I'd been wanting to do for a couple months. The reason i did it. when i did is. well 1. i didn't want to regret. not having done it and 2. for me. I couldn't've picked a more perfect, fitting time to do so. what w/ it being Pride month and the 50th ann. of the Stonewall riots end of this month. and the ann. of the Pulse shootings......anyway. Her choir had a show that night as well as Sat. in honor of the Stonewall riots. I went to the one on Sat.

it's weird though. so. where do we go from here? well. wherever I want. it's my journey. just like anyone else's coming out is their journey.

BradThePug and SemiCharmedLife like this.
  2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! So glad you got such a positive response! As for what you do from here, keep living your life and telling more people if you choose knowing you have a powerful ally on your side!

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations.