1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confusing...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tetraquark, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

My orientation is acting up again. What does it mean to find someone attractive, romantically or sexually?

I was chatting with this one girl online on a dating site. The conversation was coming to a close, and I briefly considered asking her to meet in person some time. But the thought of actually going on a date with a girl just seemed, well, off. In the same way that going on a date with a guy always seemed off. Mind you, while the conversation was not a complete failure, it also wasn't that promising, so I'm thinking that it might have been the circumstances that did it.

It's just that the reaction was so strong, to the point where going on a date with a guy did seem more like something I would do than going on a date with a girl! I've also been noticing guys more lately. Indeed, the feeling I first associated with attraction and that I initially I only felt for women has now shifted mostly to men. However, it is mostly a shallow thing that dissipates quickly, whereas the new feeling I have noticed toward women feels deeper but much rarer.

Then I ask myself the same question I've asked others on EC when they were questioning: who do I see myself having a relationship with? Prior to this year, the answer was very definitely, "no one." Most days now the answer is still, "women," but sometimes it goes back to "no one." I can't tell if this is due to my orientation or the fact that I was raised to not want a boyfriend.

Add onto this some other weirdness with gender expression...

I am very confused, indeed.

I suppose this is more of a rant than anything else, but I wish I had a better sense of what romantic and sexual attraction actually was, especially as opposed to more platonic feelings of friendship.

2. Hawthorne

Eh I am gay with asexual tendencies such as I find dating and all that with it just a non issue and that I would prefer to just surround myself with friends but I know that I am deeply attracted to some men which usually is a bad thing because they are straight friends you know the whole I want what I know I can't have which sucks but it isn't all bad and being semi asexual isn't a bad thing it can save you some heartache and some drama in your life!