1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused about "sexuality"....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kyro, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Kyro

Out Status:
    A few people
    I identify as a lesbian, and am out to some people. I've never been sexually intimate with neither male or female or anyone but I know I only like girls. I've only ever had crushes on girls, I think about them, and emotionally and physically like them. But the thing is, I can only really masturbate to men. I've never in my life been physically attracted to or romantically attracted to guys. I don't ever think about them or look at them other than if I masturbate. And even then their looks aren't a concern just the fact they have a penis. But yet dildos don't turn me on. Though women with penises i guess can be a turn on. I just want to know, is this fetish or turn on caused by me being maybe bisexual or straight? I know I can't feel emotionally for men but then why can I only get off to them? Or is it because of their genitals not what they look like?

Thank you for responding since this is very personal for me. :confused:

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is tricky. If you're masturbating to men doesn't that mean you're physically attracted to guys?

From what you provided, it sounds like you may be bisexual, since there are attractions to both sexes. Forget about the 50/50, as long as you have attractions to both sexes and you feel that bisexual feels more right to you than lesbian, then go for it.

But if you think lesbian fits better, then you could identify as mostly lesbian.

But labels are a pain the ass anyways. Find something that works for you. Even if you identify as a lesbian, you're attractions compared to another lesbian are not the same. You'll like different types of girls, I'm sure.

3. Lyana

Fantasies can be an indicator, but a lot of people (me included) fantasize about stuff they'd never do in real life. If you only masturbate to men, I understand why it confuses you. Your romantic orientation seems to be pretty clearly homoromantic. Why do you think you could be straight, if you're only interested in women?

I'd ask myself this: Do you want to have sex/have you ever wanted to have sex with a man? Not necessarily a man in particular, just, would you carry out your masturbation fantasies in real life if given the chance? Do you think you would enjoy sex with a man? -- and the same for women, of course. Maybe it'll help you understand things a bit better.

If it's really just the penis that does it for you, I'm not sure I would count that as bi. I'm bi, and penises actually make me uncomfortable, but genitals aren't the be-all and end-all of sexual orientation.