1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ThatOneAlien

Been having a lot of victories lately. My sister called me her brother today :grin: Also my new therapist told me I pass really well. I'm not sure about that since I still get a lot of mixed identifiers but it's nice to have someone's opinion on it.

2. Delta

One of my friends shared a cute thing on my facebook wall about "it's just a phase" and how phases are a part of the moon, but it's always the moon. And the comment was that she loves me at all of my different pieces of being me, and yeah, it's cheesy, and yeah, it's a little dumb, but... I just feel so recognized and appreciated and it feels really great! :grin: She's like an awesome sister figure to me, it's great to get her support. Small, small victory, but....

Victory. :slight_smile:

3. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    An acquaintance of mine who's a few years younger than me asked me: "Why are you wearing such manly clothes? You should wear more girly stuff."

He's just a kid so I don't even mind about that last bit. If what I'm wearing is indeed 'manly', then I must be doing something right.

4. rinn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, I was at the grocery store helping the clerk bag stuff and she called me sir. Though I don't identify as male (I'm nonbinary), I was glad I wasn't called ma'am, as I prefer a more androgynous/masculine look.

5. thepandaboss

I actually walked out in public without throwing on as many layers as I could. Just a shirt and khakis. Been long time since I've dared.

6. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I talked to the guidance counsellor at school today about possibly changing my name in the school records. I don't like her very much and she seemed to think me being non binary meant that I was asexual (well I am but that's a different kettle of fish) but the end result is that I could change my name in school without much bother.

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    good for you hun. it's on my list.

on a personal note. my small victory would be i got some things today. like cute shoes, some tights and underwear. i needed a bit of retail therapy as i was in the city for tests on my lungs. now we wait i guess. but getting some fem things really made me feel better.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm getting more wispy little facial hairs again. I'm dreaming of having a little angelic, fluffy beard by next year.

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wore boxer briefs for the first time today and felt fucking manly.

10. Cedar

Someone actually referred to me as a "gentleman" for the first time ever and I didn't even react at the time because it just felt soooo natural to me. Thinking on it makes me excited for the future, before, I thought I wouldn't pass ever but this gives me hope~. :icon_bigg

11. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An elder gentleman saw my ID and confused my surname into a masculine form of it

12. thepandaboss

I finally got sir'd by a waitress for the first time in ages. I almost couldn't believe it at first but I had a poker face. Didn't wanna look all shocked and then have the waitress think she made a mistake, you know?

13. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I've had a big victory yesterday ^^ (see more in my blog) I asked a friend if I pass and she said that I pass, and not just that. I am a hot dude and don't look much younger than I am. I feel so excited right now. That friend also uses the right pronouns and calls me Mister (we use Mr and Ms firstname as nicknames sometimes)

14. Morgana

You know, whenever I get bummed about something, I cruise this thread randomly. It always makes me feel a bit better about things, and about myself. Whoever started this, thank you, thank you.

As for my minor victory, I actually used the ladies' room while I was out and dressed. It was a fairly safe place to do it (gay trans/cd friendly bar), but still, given that I'm down in the benighted wilds of Texas where our Lt. Governor has pretty much declared war on all gender non-conformists, I think it was pretty good. I seriously hope that man wakes up as a woman one day, just to see what it feels like. That wasn't too petty, was it?

Morgana

15. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not petty at all. Fuck him with something hard and sandpapery, along with Gov. Abbott. Just when I thought Rick Perry and Tom DeLay were the worst that Texas' sphincter could push out, here comes Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber. Makes me regret ever living in Texas, let alone all of my degrees are from there.

I'm about to give up my law license in TX since I can't ever imagine practicing there again. Wild motherfucking horses couldn't drag me back. Sorry to thread-jack.

We now return to your previously-scheduled programming... :smilewave

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1.) you're welcome.
    2.) you never know a persons life until you spend a day in their shoes. Would be an eye opening experience for the good governor, wouldn't it?

#1916 Kasey, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  17. randomconnorcon

Dad: "Your legs are hairier than mine. I'm jealous."

Mum: "You're just like [Stepdad's name]. Men always taking control of the TV."

The little things are always awesome. But when the little things come from your own parents, they feel just that little bit extra awesome. My dad also calls CiarĂ¡n as much as possible. My mum calls me Sam (the shortened version of my middle name).

Also, I used the men's public restroom yesterday. Yes, it was midnight and no one was in there while I was in there, but I walked in just as someone walked out. Normally, I'd turn around. Progress. :grin:

#1917 randomconnorcon, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  18. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The girl in queue behind me was called "darling" and I was not :grin: Then, I didn't get a single madam and I got a sir, and I did a lot of shopping today.

I don't look like a madam, yay!

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell... I don't even want to be called madam.

20. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe that's just where I live that they sir and madam a lot...