1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My girlfriend and I went out earlier this week, after she'd gotten a number of minor things about her appearance changed while on a vacation. She hadn't really put a lot of effort into her appearance that day, but when we went out to eat, the first thing our waitress said was "What can I get for you today, ma'am?"

:grin:

2. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had a small victory today, i was challenged by my daughter to have a water fight in the garden, so i finally got my guts together and wore my bathing-suit for the first time. I know it was only in my own garden so not many people could see me, but still i felt pretty good for wearing it for the first time... and i wore it the whole afternoon..:slight_smile:

Also i had a great moment yesterday when my daughter gave me a present for mothersday ( she wasn't able to give it to me on mothersday so she saved it for yesterday) She even sung a song for me that she had rehearsed... felt so blessed.. finally i am a sort of mommy now

#1802 penta, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need a bathing suit now you remind me. Sounds like a great time and affirming experience.

4. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I corrected the person in the charity shop on my name, saying that I'm Seth now. I didn't actually tell her that I'm trans but she seemed to take it well and just said that she'd have to remember the change. Despite her wearing a name tag, and us talking each week for some time I also discovered what her name is.

5. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go back to work, and made my first money in months. 35$ :slight_smile:

6. JustJJx

Spent nearly a whole weekend without being birthnamed!!

7. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a funny story/small victory/still kinda sad...I was at the store with my fiancee a little while ago, this was a few weeks after I had confided in her how much gender specific terms bothered me and that I had dysphoria. I was getting some candy to keep at my desk at work and she said I was an old lady for my taste in candy. Ridiculous I know, but this really upset me, but I didn't say anything. I just kimda stopped talking for a while and tried to calm down.

We got some beer as well and made it to the cash register. The cashier looked us over and said she would need to see BOTH of our ID's, then hesitated and asked her: "or is this your son?" We were both speechless at the rudeness of this woman and her assumptions, but I thought it was hilarious and made me feel good because she thought I was a boy, but also because she thought my fiancee was twenty years older than me. XD I am 23 and she is 22. of course, the lady eventually realized her "mistake" after seeing our ID's, and made sure to call me ma'am on the way out, which brought me back to zero.

8. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm happy that you told her about your Dysphoria, but I'm sad to hear about the rest of it :c

9. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That moment almost felt too good to be true. It was like she was a rude angel sent by god to tell fiancee "YOU are the old one, and your fiance aint no lady,"

10. xAce

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was able to talk to my therapist the other day about my identity dysphoria and he immediately started calling me by my chosen name and used the right pronouns.
    The next day my mother took me shopping and let me get a few shirts and things from the men's department and then ordered me my first binder.
    I'm feeling pretty good now.

11. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Another thing, since I've kind of come out to myself officially and tried to radiate more confidence and walk a little more masculine and just make more eye contact and be more assertive, nothing major, I haven't been ma'amed once. And not just called ma'am but any of the words that bothered me, except Miss [my last name] on the phone with a utilities company today. There was a time where I would keep track of how many times in a day I was unnecessarily gendered and it averaged about five.

This may just be a coincidence, but it definitely feels good.

#1811 Rickystarr, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  12. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My (male) friend asked that since I "want to be a boy" does that mean he can hit me - in a friendly way - now? I drew him a scale of how I feel and he decided that since I'm more than 50% male, he can. On the way past each other on the hall at school he shoved me sideways out of his way, and it actually made me feel good - well after the initial shock - because he's quite an aggressive guy to the boys and it made me feel like he thought of me as an equal.

Either that or he was just being a dick. Both could be true.

#1812 Lacybi, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  13. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Strangers start to call me "sir". :slight_smile:

#1813 Kiran, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  14. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I changed my pronouns on facebook to gender neutral. Idk if anyone has noticed but maybe it will be less shocking when I change them to male pronouns.

15. Pumpion

I got my first binder a few days ago and today is my second day wearing it to school :grin: Nobody's really noticed or said anything, but nobody really notices me anyway, so I'm taking it at a good thing :slight_smile:

16. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats. I bet that makes you feel great to have a binder.

17. thepandaboss

Well, the important thing is that you notice it :slight_smile: Believe me, I can bet it's already making a huge difference.

This isn't exactly a small slate of victories for me but today, having my T-letter consultation. I've already had one. Only reason I'm having a second is because of my insurance's stipulations for letting me start T. But should everything go well (and I see no reason why not- my psych basically told me that if it weren't for my insurance, I'd have my letter and he doesn't personally believe in gate-keeping), I'm probably gonna get to start injections either late this month or early next month :grin:

Losing a bunch of weight too so now at the point where I can bind without wanting to die again. It does, unfortunately, make certain shapes of my body stand out though. -_-

18. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) My GC2b binder should be here soon

2) I talked to my insurance provider about my dentist (and they said he's part of the network now);and while talking to the person on the phone, I asked if they heard about the news in regards to trans coverage being a thing now. She said they've heard bits and pieces about it, but nothing solid as to what that entails. But she said they should know soon, and said to give them a call in a few weeks or a month to see if they got an update.

So yeah, they do know, but don't know enough of the nitty gritty just yet. So I'm hoping by next month or July that they'll have the story figured out. And with that, I'm pretty sure this means they'll more than likely have my back. (fingers crossed)

19. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not trans related but my finicial aid finally came through. I can finally breath easy about tuition

20. EisNotBored

Finally starting to accept myself as I am. Came out to my friend group today.