1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. thattrashguy

There was one day where I was dressed more femininely and I still passed as male (!). I was out walking with a friend and this man was like, "you boys have the right idea." This made me feel pretty good, although I am still very self conscious when it comes to passing and how I dress.

2. randomconnorcon

So one of the managers I came out to did tell the main manager. She sat me down in private and asked if I needed anything, told me if anyone gave me any shit they'd officially get them in trouble and unofficially punch them in the face (she was (probably) joking, but it was still a little funny). She said she wants to ensure I'm happy and feel safe while at work. It was nice to hear, though I wasn't expecting anything to go badly.

3. BreakinDaylight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my color guard coach and the choreographer. It went well, and they said if anyone tries to be rude to me about it then the offender will get in trouble. I'm going to come out to the team after auditions.

4. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great to hear all these positive coming-out stories! I'll add another one :slight_smile:

On Sunday, I came out to my whole drama-club. Everybody was really chill about it. It still feels kind of surreal though. Four months ago, I would never have thought I'd be able to come out to a dozen people at once.

I'm also planning to come out to all the people in a voluntary organization I work with next weekend. They're all very accepting of lgbtq+-stuff. Last time we talked about lgbtq+-related things, I nearly got a panic-attack anyway, because I was so insecure and closeted. This was half a year ago. Now our next meeting is coming up, and we'll certainly talk about lgbtq+ topics again. This time I'll come out to them! And I'm even looking forward to doing so :slight_smile:

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    had a dream last night that I was walking down the street hand in hand with my crush, then we were at his place just cuddling on the couch, made some food together lots of smiles and good feelings, then I woke up. I sooo wanted to get back to sleep and take up where I left off but it wasn't to be. good dream though.

6. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My super floofy petticoat arrived today from Amazon ^.^

I'll upload the pics when I'm back on my computer. It makes my skater skirt look so much more adorable!

7. Najlen

I switched to the mens dressing room, and no one said anything. They just all act like I've always been there and include me in conversations

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so, im in the living room earlier, son comes out of his room; mom you gotta see this..... (a video on Face Book) :icon_bigg he's done this before but really made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

also, i was at the gender clinic today, blood levels are all on track, and my transition is going just fine. so to celebrate i went out and bought a new night dress.

not a bad day

9. BreakinDaylight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used the men's restroom for the first time.

10. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bought male deodorant (smells so goood) and got a boyish haircut. Feeling pretty awesome.

11. kodiakruble

Me and my trans friend went to topman the other day and the guy that worked there said excuse me gents and that was the first time someone called me a boy without me telling them to do so. Honestly although its been weeks after it, I still feel so happy about it.

12. JakePeralta

Last time i wasnt gendered as female was at the airport, went through security and had to go through a scammer thingy, the woman from security went "are you a boy or a girl? Sorry, i have to ask". Replied "a girl" because you dont want an awkward talk about gender with your friendly airport security lady and got through fine.
    There were some complications and i ended up leaving the airport and coming back in the evening. This time there was a guy at the scanner and i got greeted with "good evening sir" which was VERY welcome, honestly every time i dont get gendered as female is a blessing but as i expected, he mustve put me into the scanmer as "male" and then looked at the screen, i got a glimpse too and there was the outline of a standard body and the crotch area was highlighted :rolle: i was pretty amused at the moment like "yeah, sorry you were expecting a dick, but life isnt always that fair" he looked at the screen for an awkward amount of time, then looked at me and i ended up being petted down by a female colleague of him. Im still so pleased by the "good evening, sir" though, small victories indeed :lol:

13. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    3 days on T and my voice is already dropping pretty significantly. Could not be more content with my life at this point. The breakdown I had a week ago is a distant memory.

14. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it is official, I am moving to Portland July 29th. Hopefully I can start my steps towards transitioning as well.

15. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used the men's bathroom twice yesterday :slight_smile: It was the first time I've done that when it wasn't a single stall. Admittedly I made sure no one else was in there before going in but still

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two weeks later and things are totally normal. Coming out as a transgender teacher could literally not have gone any smoother than it did.

17. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's hilarious!

18. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So very happy for you with this Kasey I hope, when my time comes it goes as smooth (*hug*)

19. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think i just came out to the whole LGBTQ community in Newfoundland by a post making a point in FB. lol, oh well.

plus not trans related but i just got pre-approved for a mortgage, now i need to find a house i can afford.(!)

20. Casey221B

My friend is really acknowledging me being bigender, like today we had to fill something out for gym where you had to put yourself down as male or female and she asked me what one I was going to put down. I put down my AGAB just to save time but it was still nice.

And last week she asked me what my sexuality was in terms of being attracted to girls but nonbinary.