1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimfast diet

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Chickzak, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Chickzak

Has anyone every tried it?
    What do you all think of it? Its based on foods brought from the Slimfast team where you eat about 1400 calories per day.

Has it worked for you? Would you try it?

Opinions!! :slight_smile::icon_bigg

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I tried it, but soon fell off the wagon, but then again I have tried most fad diets & fallen off :slight_smile:

3. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't trust what they put on that. You would have no idea what you're really eating.

If you want to become slim, eat healthy food, especially oats, fruits, fish, chicken in particular and most importantly, exercise. One cannot go without the other.

4. Gen

Gen

Exactly.

Its also important to remember that you are not going to diet forever.
    If you spend your time trying to do specific and intricate regimes then you probably won't be able to keep the weight off for long once you stop. Its much more important to lose weight comfortably and healthily, even if it may take a bit longer.

5. Rainbow Music

I have not ever tried it. I have never tried dieting as I have no need to. I have an extremely high metabolism, therefore no matter how much I eat, I never get fat. I love it, but at the same time, I hate it as well.

6. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Well I did partly use slimfast occasionally using the milkshakes here and there but I don't think that slimfast alone is ideal.
    Last year just by eating carefully I managed to loose 4 stone, but since then and due to depression it all went back on.
    You don't need to use expensive supplements like slimfast as just by watching what you eat from normal everyday foods will do just as good but the main ingredient is WILLPOWER.
    This is the key number one ingredient and unless you have that first in place then you will have no hope

7. KaraBulut

Slimfast, like a lot of diets, works primarily by causing a mild dehydration. It's fine if you do it for a couple of weeks because you need to squeeze into a dress or a pair of pants for a special event. However, the problem is that the minute that you return to a normal diet, you will rehydrate and the weight will return. If you stay on these calorie restriction diets too long, there's a high likelihood that you will actually gain the weight back plus extra pounds.

The only way to really lose weight long-term is to exercise and eat a reasonable number of calories.

8. angelzflyyy

angelzflyyy Guest

I have done the Slim Fast Diet and I lost 5-6 pounds. I would not recommend it because there are way too many processed sugars. The reason why people fall off of the Slim fast diet wagon is that it is not a wholesome diet that is nutritious. Low fat and high sugar content makes you gain weight in the long run.