1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should Politics be involved in the 2008 olympics?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Louise

French athletes have been banned from wearing a badge saying 'POUR UN MONDE MEILLEUR'... For a better world! In 2007 470 chinese prisoners given and recieved the death sentance... for what crimes I couldn't say but does this really seem like a country who is open to the world and is trying to change!!! For those who don't know the death sentance in China is a bullet in the back of the head and the bullet is then billed to the greiving family... Nice touch!

China has a history of violence and oppression and it looks like they are set to remain true to their traditions!

If you take the doping, money and politics out of the Olympic games there wouldn't be much left to look at... cynical? maybe but unfortunately that is what I really believe.

2. Leigh

Leigh Guest

what?? can you explain that??

i think that its a shame the olympics is being harmed, and the athletes who worked so hard are suffering, etc,

but i think that to allow china to treat people in such an appaling way and not to send a negative message is unforgiveable.

and more power to tibet... this is a rare chance theyr being given to show the world their situation. they should definitly use it.

also an interesting fact... there were an estimated 4000 executions worldwide last year. an approximate 3600 were in china.

#22 Leigh, Apr 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2008
  3. Hepcat

No, politics shouldn't. I don't really want to go into my reasons for thinking that because I'd probably offend people here.