1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I make her talk to me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LoveMarshmallow, Feb 12, 2018.

1. LoveMarshmallow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I've been crushing on one of my best friends who is also female. Last Saturday 2 friends and us went to a party together. I'm not used to drinking so I got quite drunk. When I do so I get really open and tell people all my secrets. So I told her that I was crushing on her but didn't love but really really liked her. I can't remember all exact things I said but that was basically it. She didn't say a lot because she knew I was drunk.
    Yesterday I texted her and apologized. She said she needed time for herself and that it was hard for her. So she doesn't want to talk about it and I'm not sure where our friendship is standing right now. This has already happened to me with her and that time we didn't talk it through, went back to being friends and here we go again. Now I wonder if I should just make her talk to me about it or if I should give her the time she's asked for?
    Anyway I've already decided this time I'll stand to my feelings. The last time which was 2 and a half years ago I never brought it up again.
    Thank you all for your answers.

2. Really

My suggestion would be to give her a bit of time and when she starts to come around again, gently introduce the topic bit by bit. Stand by your feelings but also give her a chance to adapt to the situation.

3. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Give her time then bring it up gently. Say it's something you really need to talk about. But not until she feels comfortable.