1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I go for it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is this girl that i am very good friends with and i think might be into me. Now i have never kissed anyone guy or girl. A friend of mine asked me how i can be sure i am gay if i have never even kissed a girl. While i am sure that i am gay since all of my feelings and fanticies are about guys, i still can't help but want to know for sure.

I have told her i am gay, but i get the feeling that she thinks that i am joking or thinks that i am just unsure. So there is a good possibility that i could end up kissing this girl, but i am unsure whether i should. I feel as though this kissing her would once and for all put away anykind of confusion that i may still have. But i really don't want to hurt her and i don't want to lead her on. I just wish i could without getting our friendship involved but i know that if i do this it will change our friendship forever. But i feel like i just have to know and the fact that there is a small seed of doubt bothers me and i feel like i just have to know once and for all. I don't know should i go for it or should i just let it go and live out my life. :help:

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

LABELS ARE BAD!
    Alright, you're convinced that you have fantasies and attraction to males, but who really knows if you have attraction to just *some* girls? Yes, it'd be "bi" or "gay and curious" or however you want to call it (We're starting a Gay cookie with Bi sprinkles soon! :grin:) But please do not label yourself.
    You are who YOU are and if you are gay but with some derailings to girls that's perfectly fine, I guess we all had some of those at one point. Or most of us :slight_smile: Don't bee to hard with yourself. But do not play with her feelings. If you've seen you have nothing to do with her at all, tell her and don't fake her.

And be yourself! If things happen, well they happen for a reason :slight_smile:

3. HalfInsane

I don't think it'd be good idea for a couple of reasons:

1) You might end up with certain people getting the idea that: Hey! He's trying to 'fix' this whole gay thing!

2) It's not really fair to her, imo. Putting myself in her situation, and assuming I did like a guy who said he was gay, but I didn't totally believe it, and then he agreed to kiss me and I then found out he'd done it more or less as an experiment, well, I'd be a little offended.

Now, maybe you are wondering if you're attracted to girls at all... but this probably isn't the best way to find out. At least, I wouldn't say so.

#3 HalfInsane, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I can understand where you're coming from. I often feel like it would be good to at least "try" a boy and see what happens. If you do kiss her, make sure you do it somewhere private so others don't know. And, be totally honest with her. If you get nothing from it, tell her immediately, and don't let her go home thinking you've got something going. You just have to be honest with her. She may still be upset, but if someone kisses you and then says "sorry, I really am gay", I don't think that's the biggest heart break ever. On the other hand, you might end up liking her, so it's a win-win situation.

5. CrimsonThunder

Ask your friend if hes ever kissed a guy to make sure hes straight.

To me it just sounds like you want to be able to have a relationship with a girl, I don't think you'll like it.

6. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

"I'm sorry...I did tell you I was gay..." "I was hoping that kissing the most beautiful girl I know might change my mind, but it hasn't and there is nothing I can do." "I really enjoy being your friend, and I'm sorry I couldn't be less gay for you!" "Thank you for helping me realize that I am truly gay, you are a great friend!"

or

"Wow that kiss was great, you know I might not be gay after all" "Perhaps I'm bisexual, wanna go out?"

For a good time I thought I was gay, but I lost my virginity to a female. Compared to gay sex it wasn't quite as good but I did still have a great time, and it didn't make things weird between me and my friend, but then again she didn't know I thought I was gay beforehand. I realized then that I was bi, because I really enjoyed getting intimate with the female parts as well, even if it wasn't quite as good as what I get from the guy...

#6 Nicvcer, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008