1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I do it or not?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Aster Tataricus, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Aster Tataricus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really don't know where else to put this, but ...

I need advice on a personal matter.
    I've always had this ideal of meeting someone. Getting to know them, being friends, and hopefully something more. So I never thought of going for one-night stands or meeting a guy for just sex. I've had this ideal for a very long time. Since I found out I like guys :icon_redf

I met this guy. I like him, but he's not interested in anything serious. He wants to meet up for sex. This is what troubles me :frowning2: I don't know if I should go for "Mr. Right now" or wait for "Mr. Right"?

I need insight. Should I stay true to my ideals, and wait to meet someone who wants a relationship, or should I grow up and leave my petty ideals behind?

I feel like a kid... a stupid one ~_~ I hope someone with experience on these matters can help me :eusa_pray

Thanks in advance for reading this rather embarrassing (and somewhat trivial) dilemma :icon_redf

2. LD579

You may regret it in the long run. Also, you're still young. There's nothing wrong with sticking by ideals. They're, in my opinion, the first thing a person should stick by, perhaps. In the end, it's, of course, up to you, but don't do anything you think you'd regret, 'cause realistically speaking, you may regret it.

There are ways to find people who want the same thing that you do. Also, it can be an age thing, as people your age may be exploring and discovering both themselves and what they want in a relationship and in life.

3. LinkLarkin

I agree. You're too young to feel that you HAVE to be in a relationship (looking for a relationship is one thing, but you shouldn't feel that you have to settle). Neither should you be expected to give up your ideals (which incidentally, I wholeheartedly share) for anybody else. Just carry on looking and eventually you'll meet a guy who you like who's looking for the same thing out of a relationship that you are.

Also, remember that your first time is your only first time. Different people want different things out of losing their virginity, but you need to make sure you know what you want and make sure that you get it, because that's what everybody deserves! :grin:

4. Aster Tataricus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the insight guys :slight_smile: I really appreaciate it.

People keep on telling me how gays are more into sex than anything. I'm one weird gay guy @_@