1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Come Out - When Not 100% Sure

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Redford302, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Redford302

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was born female but last year I realised I was bi and I'm ok with it (I texted my best friend it and she was cool, I wasn't too worried)
    But since last December I've been questioning my gender and I always say in my head 'I want to be a boy' but I decided as of about two months ago that I'm non-binary because I feel mostly male but not fully and I kind of feel feminine at times (but I don't particularly like acting feminine) but I decided I'm non-binary and under that title I'm demi-boy, gender neutral and agender (although I'm not entirely sure if that makes sense if I can be all of them)
    I don't want to be referred to as a girl anymore and want more of a masculine look (like actually buying male clothes instead of just half male style womens clothes)
    I just feel that if I do come out and then after a while I feel that maybe I'm not what I think I am and change my mind, that it will be stupid that I came out for nothing.
    I don't know if I should just come out or if I should just wait even longer until I'm entirely sure (but I've been going around in circles in my head for the last year and keep coming to this conclusion)
    Oh and coming out isn't really an issue for me. I'm nervous but my family would nearly definitely be accepting of me.

Thanks in advance for any advice and response.

2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You can always come out as "questioning", I think. You can spend some time as a non-binary person and see how that feels to you.

Phoenix92 likes this.