1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I be scared of going to hell?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. Don't let an old book make you feel guilty about who you are.

I don't believe in religion mainly because I don't believe I've done anything good enough to deserve eternal happiness, but I also don't believe I've done anything bad enough to deserve eternal hellfire.

2. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No one can do anything bad enough to deserve eternal torture. Not even monsters like Timur or Hitler

3. Caoimhe Fayre

tbh I still sometimes fear that I'm going to hell for being a lesbian.

but I'm working on it.

and I DON'T believe in it anymore.

Chip, THANK YOU for posting that video... it's beautiful, made me cry in some places and helped heal my own heart a little bit with regards to my faith. maybe I really DON'T have to choose between being a Christian and being myself - though I will probably still end up breaking with the Catholic Church, eventually. TT

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

The "God" of the Bible is a nasty vain jealous insecure sadistic monster; why would anyone want to spend eternity in Heaven with that creep? He created gay people just so he would have victims to torture for all of eternity for their "sin"? I'd rather take my chances with the devil, we never did get to hear things from his side of the story.

But seriously, Hell doesn't exist.

5. HelmetBoi

Hammer - nail - head. :thumbsup:

6. CuriousKate

Minnesota and hopefully Texas before next month
    Hey there,

Honestly, I was, and still am, in the same boat as you. I get these random, 'OMG whats gonna happen will I die?' feelings. Like I think will I go to hell or heaven. But over the years, or more like three and a half years, I learned that, like you've said, if God wanted me to go to hell or something then I either wouldn't be here or that's just Gods choice. But God makes no mistakes in the making of everyone and he made you as you are today. So no need to be afraid, be happy that you're alive. Honestly, I'm not at all religious, not saying I'm an Atheist, but I do believe some stuff. As long as your not a rapist or murderer, you'll be fine!(!)(&&&)

7. Ticklish Fish

well. depending on what reason I am going to hell for...

Speaking outside of sexuality...

Like, there are times when I am sure I am kind of selfish and can't be selfless.

There are times when I just can't focus on God 24/7.

There are times when I just like/want/need to use harsher, vulgar words.

Yeah... I think somewhere in the Bible God may have wrote balance or something

[hr]

and on the topic of what happens when I die...

I am more worried about what influence I have on people.

Was I a terrible person? Nice person? mean? helpful?

8. Thyker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally... I grew up in a religious, conservative household and that used to be a huge part of my identity.

As I grew up, things changed and I realized some of the hypocrisy between the Bible and the world. I can't tell you whether the Bible, Qur'an, Tanakh, or any other religious text is truth. I've learned to live life with the possibility that there could be a higher being or there could not be one.

Just live your life to the fullest and be a good person. I am more concerned about making sure I live a happy, fulfilled life here on Earth before I start worrying about what comes after death.

9. You won't go to Hell. Just because the Bible says homosexuality is a sin does not mean it sends you to Hell. Everyone sins.The only sin that damns you is suicide. A gay Christian is the same number of steps away from Heaven as a straight Christian. :slight_smile:

10. bobmarley1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    No, you shouldn't be because hell doesn't exist.

11. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Think it this way... Do you believe in a god that is absolutely wise,knows it all, has infinite mercy, infinite benevolence, and infinite love for everything created? I do...

If you too believe in a god like that... I have a question... Would a good god make someone gay and then send that person to hell? Would a good god even create hell? I think the answer is "hell no!" (Pun intended). This is why i believe in some sort of reincarnation system where you after you die you experience the life of another person and another and another , living the lives of every person that existed, exist and will exist throught all existence, meaning that everytime you hurt someone you you will suffer that hurt, and everytime you make someone happy you will enjoy that joy, therefore i believe in some sort of shared destiny thing, where we are all one... Well enought with my crazy ideas :lol:....

My point is, that whatever is the after
    Ife about, is not hell, it cannot be hell. Either god exist and there is no hell, but another thing instead, something we dont know, or god doesnt exist and then afterlife is either nothingness or something else we dont know about.

Eternal damnation? Nope. A good god would never send you there, specialy not for something as simple as liking your same sex. That would be like sending you to hell for prefering pepsi over coca cola.

12. Nick07

There is on such thing, so, no, you don't need to be afraid.

And as far as I know the Bible doesn't say that homosexuality is a sin. That's what people made up; what they wanted to see in the text.

13. lukeluvznicki13

The Bible was written by humans not God :slight_smile:
    I believe as does Archbishop Desmond Tutu that "God isn't a homophobic".
    Therefore if you have faith in the Lord, if you love him and forgive people for what they do, then you will find yourself in heaven someday :slight_smile:

14. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  15. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Excuse me?

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The whole verse in Leviticus can mean anything, sort of like the Sodom and Gomorrah story could be interpreted as greed or whatever. Interpratation can go in any direction, and some people have it dead set on one thing, whereas another group has it in another way.

Should you be scared about going to Hell? Well, no. Then again I'm not religious, so that might not mean much. How I see it is, focus on this life before focusing on what might happen in the afterlife. Don't waste the time you have here to worry about something that might not even happen or would have been worth panicking over. Besides, if there is a god, then I'm sure ze doesn't care if you're LGBTQ+ since we are made in their image...right?

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2013 at 11:23 AM ----------

That's the one thing that doesn't sit right with me in religion (Or Dante's Inferno for that matter). I don't like how suicide (Violence against the self) is considered the worst sin and punishable by eternal hellfire. It sounds very sadistic and cruel of an all-loving god to cast someone who hurt so much in their life that they felt death was the only option into the pits of Hell to suffer for the rest of their spiritual life. It's like punishing someone who had a terminal illness by making them face it again in another life; it's just morbid and inhumanly cruel.

If suicide truly is the one thing that grants you a spot in Hell, I'm doomed to go there because if you do it, even in your heart; you're fucked. So even if you "do so spiritually", you've already committed and you can't take it back...unless you're allowed to repent of it, though I'm not sure how that works.

#56 Daydreamer1, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  17. FreeFlow9917

Well it says a man shall not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is an abomination Leviathans 18:22. I gurantee you that more straight people go to hell than gay people, do people forget the golden rule, treat others the way you want to be treated, and god loves all of his children, it even says that in the bible, but the thing is, god made us in his vision, he's the one that decided your sexuality and made you unique, not the bible. The bible is a book of life, it only says of homosexual activity, not the relations, and marriage in the bible doesn't say between man and women

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please ignore the Bible and conflicting interpretations of this book. For your information, none of the 4 gospels recounting what Jesus said and did refer to homosexuality. None of them. I once heard a clergy member say "God made you the way you were supposed to be," and the context of his discussion meant in every which way. The sooner people lose this guilt trip, the better.

19. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No you won't, God loves all of his Children, Even his LGBTQ ones.

20. Hrantou

Not that book again. The bible...that book is rubbish, and its been altered and re-written so many times that the original version is probably lost forever.

Plus there are so many rules in that book that are ignored today by so many people. One I know is about not mixing your clothes cloth or something? Or you go to hell. Yeah, that book is rubbish.

Also, Prayers for Bobby D: I watched the first 5 minutes of that movie and stopped. I knew I was going to cry if I watched it xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.