1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SheZow (and the controversy)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by DanDan, May 29, 2013.

1. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, appearently the Hub is airing a show called "SheZow" soon about a boy named "guy" who dresses up as a girl superhero. A little more than a month away, and there are all ready people trying to get the channel to shut down and are threatening to boycott the channel. Just check out The Hub's facebook page. It's sad how these people are allowed to have children, much less raise them to be just as intolerant as them. :bang:

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why would they do that?? Bugs Bunny has been dressing as a woman since the shows conception, what's wrong with a transsexual superhero?? It shows openmindedness... This makes me sad... I really would like to watch it.... :frowning2:

3. Zontar

The only thing that offends me about SheZow is the absurdly bad quality, unfortunately typical of cartoons today. Seriously, doesn't anyone bother doing real animation anymore instead of using Flash to keyframe the hell out of maybe ten elements at a time? Don't even get me started on the unfunny writing.

I've seen a bit of SheZow. Let's just say that we've fallen a looooong way from the quality you'd see out of people like John Kricfalusi, Craig McCracken, or Joe Murray.

4. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I have heard of people up in arms about the concept because they're worried about it potentially being mysognist or transphobic. I haven't seen it so I can't personally judge but I do know that as a kid, I would've watched the shit out of something like SheZow. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. DelFelidae

And people just disappoint me...As usual...

8. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The more I read these comments... The people making them are insane! They're speaking like it's some weird government intelligence agency. :confused:

9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

But the LGBT agenda was organized by evil liberals behind closed doors with the world super powers in an effort to enslave the Christians and turn us all into zombies! /sarcasm.

10. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Slight correction, it has been airing for a while but is only coming to the US in a month. I wrote about Shezow on my blog page and said that I thought that it was funny. Although a little dull and having a bathroom transformation scene that made me a bit uneasy I found it to be mostly ok. It is a kind of "monster of the week" show and is well a childrens cartoon... Not much I can say. I found it unoffensive and other trans girls I've heard talk about it feel mostly the same. I think it may just be a case of people getting flustered over nothing (just my opinion, don't run me away with torches). And as for comments about anything even remotely LGBT related on the internet, I find it better not to even read them beacause there will always be people that will degrade and spew hate.

This is becoming a novella at this point so I'll stop myself...

11. LateNightWolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The negative comments towards the show and the LGBT community in this are crazy. But I love how everyone keeps pointing out bugs bunny.

I think this show sounds pretty good. I'm intrested to see if they'll have Guy be uncomfortable in his SheZow costume or completly at ease and refer to himself as she. Can't wait to see it, I'm definitly showing my little brother once he takes a break from watching She-Ra and He-Man. :thumbsup:

Here's an article.

SheZow, a new kind of superhero | The Stream - Al Jazeera English