1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shes a man, hes a woman? (reference pls dont hurt me)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Resonance, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Resonance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya! Im new to this site and using forums in general so sorry if i mess anything up. I am biologically male but i never thought about my gender really until about a year ago, and when i did i kept thinking i would like to be a girl way more than a guy. I recently took a test called called the S.A.G.E (Sex And Gender Explorer) because i was curious and it told me i was Androgynous, (id link it but its against the rules so feel free to look it up, its pretty long though so be warned). i feel somewhat uncomfortable being a guy but i dont know. i guess im just looking for advice or to talk to trans people to find out how they felt about it you know?

2. Hanyauku

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hey, Resonance! Welcome to EC :slight_smile: I wouldn't put much stock into the quiz you took, but the fact that you took it in the first place says something. Every trans or gender questioning person experiences things differently, but there are some common indications of trans identity. Do you have any dysphoria? This could be physical, like wishing wishing you had female characteristics or did not have male characteristics. It could also be social, such as not liking to be referred to by others with male pronouns, or wanting to have people use female or gender neutral pronouns when talking about you. Along with dysphoria relating to their current state, many trans people experience gender euphoria. For example, I like being referred to with female pronouns, I get a little rush when people call me Olivia, and I enjoy shaving my legs, attempting (and usually failing!) to wear makeup, and having longer hair. Of course, there's always more possible clues of a trans identity, but gender dysphoria and/or euphoria are good places to start. One more thing, when you picture your future life, who's in it? Are you a man, a woman, or someone else? This question, more than anything, helped me figure myself out. I hope you stick around EC, it's an awesome place! :slight_smile:

#2 Hanyauku, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  3. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The S.A.G.E. says "androgynous" to almost anyone actually, I heard that even cis people took it and had that result. It's also a bit updated.
    I think a good way to question is experimenting. Take a feminine pic, wear something of the other gender, sign a secret piece of paper with a feminine name, etc, and see how it feels. Or you can dare to use a feminine name on the internet, crossdress for one day...
    Good everything and welcome to EC.

Secrets5 likes this.