1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She doesnt understand

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Missedchances, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Missedchances

Hey.

So my mom and I never kind of seem to see eye to eye normally. So I'm a quiet person, and she's like a loud person. She keeps trying to ask about my life and I do not really like to talk to her about my relationship life and she keeps trying to pry. This is constantly happening just because I dont say anything she just keeps trying to talk about it. Then I tell her just to leave it because I never talk about it to her, but she doesn't understand, my life is kind of different than hers.

It's kind of frustrating cuz she never is catching on.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Missedchances,

It's not unusual for teens to feel awkward about talking to their parents about their romantic life. Is your main issue here the fact that your mom is even asking you about it at all? (You know parents often want to know because they are concerned.) Is she just TOO intrusive? Could you maybe meet her part way and talk to her about general details (like maybe if you are interested in someone, but not name him or give any more details)? Or are you uncomfortable talking to her about it at all?

3. Missedchances

The issue is that I talk about it when I like to but she brings it up at the most random times and she was never really around when I struggling with my identity. She basically tries to push me to talk about it even though I dont want to.