1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She doesn't believe me...?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alizarin, Nov 18, 2013.

1. alizarin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay. *deep breath*

For about a year, I've liked this girl at my school; we're the same class and everything and she's just - well, amazing. And in the summer - late July / August - she told me she liked me (she told me before I told her!) I obviously told her I liked her back and since then we haven't really talked much about it but the relationship's fine, I think.

There's just one problem - she doesn't believe I love her. She's told me that she liked me for years, since when we first met about three years ago, and that she knew that she loved me. But she doesn't believe I love her back!

Admittedly, there have been a couple of occasions in the past where I've come across as quite homophobic / straight: another friend and I had a long conversation about boys we liked a few months before summer (April?) which she must have listened in on. Also, I've told her that I've never liked a girl in this way before (which is true) but that's true for boys as well - I've only liked a couple of boys, ever, and a lot of my friends joke that I'm asexual. ^_^"

Although I'm personally sure I love her, I can't seem to convince her. I've promised I'll tell her if I start thinking I don't like in that way (she says this a lot) but I know I do. There's also the downside that she's quite a depressed person - not diagnosed or medically or anything, but she's highly self-critical and disappointed in society and usually labels herself as a bad / self-centered / insensitive person.

So, it comes down to this: is there anyway I can make her believe I love her?
    Thank you so much!! xx

(and yes, I am using Comic Sans, the hated font ;P) :eusa_danc

(also, apologies for any mistakes and insensitive / offensive passages; I'm kind of new to this scene... ^_^")

2. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,

The first thing I noticed about your post, was the comic sans! It almost kept me from reading, almost :slight_smile: If you'll excuse me, I'll just use the regular font :wink:

Maybe I can advice you, maybe I can't, but I'll give it a try. Lesbian, bisexual and pansexual women are hesitant to get involved with someone they think of as straight. I've heard stories about questioning women that were messing around with a woman that was in love with her, and then she would conclude that she liked men after all and take her leave- leaving the other woman behind with a broken heart.

This is a horror story to a lot of women, including myself. I would be mortified. Maybe it would help to say to that girl that you are definitely not straight, that you are not questioning, but that you're 100% that you're into women in every way. You don't have to label yourself, not-straight is good enough, as long as you make sure that you're not straight.

Hopefully she will believe you soon!