1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share some emotional moments in games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MinusK, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of Kingdom Hearts. Also, much of Xenoblade. And also, the story of Floette and the Kalos war in Pokemon X and Y.

2. CheesyGoose

Yeah, TWD does something to people that brings out the saddest and most depressive parts of our being.

3. whalerider

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mass Effect 3 probably was the most emotionally touching game for me.
    Most of main compaign was pretty intense. My shepard was involed with Kaidan, they had lot of nice moments together. The ending (I chose control) was somewhat heartbreaking for me too.
    Dragon Age 2 had really touching moments too.
    Anders romance, huh?))
    Also Half-Life 2
    First time in ravenholm... daaamn)

4. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Metroid Prime 3:

When you had to kill Rundas after he became corrupted by Phazon. And then he chose to kill himself rather than get possessed by Dark Samus. He was my favorite hunter dammit :frowning2:
    Also, Bioshock Infinite's ending. I felt a certain emptiness after seeing Elizabeth do what she did.

5. Lucky Oshawott

I seriously could not agree more. It was like an extra punch in the guts seeing a decomposing Carley during 400 days. Gee, thanks Telltale.

6. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just because it's recent, Pokemon X and Y.
    The story of Pokemon Trainer AZ was heartbreaking and the ending actually had me in tears. I wasn't expecting anything like that from a Pokemon game.

7. tex st

tex st Guest

I was in awe playing vast vast worlds of Dreamfall (TLJ), so exciting!

8. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The ending of Army of Two - devil's cartel (especially when you played the other two parts before) and the story of heavy rain were emotionl gaming moments.

9. C P

C P

The Golden Sun series is full of such moments and had such amazing music to fit the moods, really impressive for what the gameboy advance could handle. Some moment examples included:

Piers returning home after so long and finding his mother had passed. She was really sick and after hearing about what happened with him, her weak heart just couldn't handle it.

- The fate of Saturos and Menardi at Venus lighthouse had me so pissed because, although they were complete assholes, you find out that they were going to great lengths to protect their home in the second game.

- Sheba not being able to hold on and falling off of the lighthouse and Felix jumping off to save her.

- Ivan questioning about how Hama knew him

10. Res

Res

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I cried several times during The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. So much emotion.

Also in Final Fantasy XIII
    At the end of the game with Vanille and Fang. ;_; I love those two.

11. biggayguy

I'm very sad that there won't be a season 7 of The Guild.

12. Abbra

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life has a sad, subtle, devastating, and beautiful ending. I did not expect that kind of emotion from a farming simulation game.

13. Grimm

Brothers is hands down my Game of the Year. Glad to see some other people enjoying it as much as I did.

As far as other emotional experiences go, Bioshock Infinite is the only one that's ever really made me feel even close to how Brothers did. All of the Bioware games and a good few other singleplayer RPGs make me extremely happy for reasons not strictly related to the actual game.

And if we're counting "absolute rage that such things are allowed to exist in this universe", quite a few games come to mind... most recently Dead Space 3.

EDIT: Realized I forgot about Sif in Dark Souls. Made me cry because nobody wants to have to kill a big cuddly puppy (even if he's REALLY big and happens to have a FREAKIN HUGE SWORD and isn't particularly happy with you). Made even worse when he helps you in the DLC.

#33 Grimm, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  14. Iodine

Out Status:
    All but family
    Ah, for me was in Fable 2 when what's his face (Lucien, I think?) kills your dog. I was beyond bawling. My brother was looking at me all weird, too. He was like, "Iodine, it's just a game."

It's not just a game. That dog was my bro. RIP Oliver...

15. Juneberry

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my, this is a definite for me.

Evolution Worlds (Not Super Spoiler. I mean, you'll find out pretty quick in the game anyway...)
    I'm usually hard to push to tears, but I can never stop myself from crying when Linear gets kidnapped in Evolution Worlds. The gamecube game is a compact version of the two-game series originally for DreamCast, and even today I still adore it. But of all the scenes there have been, I can't help wanting to cry and/or crying when Linear is kidnapped early in the game by Eugene. Seriously. I keep wanting to punch the screen when I see his face because he annoys me so much. x-o

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure (Super Spoiler: Might ruin the end for you so be careful)
    When I found out that Puku, who seemed to be my friend this entire time, was actually the phantom prince (well, imposing phantom prince)...I weeped hysterically because I couldn't help wondering how Pino would feel if she knew, and how his reasons were so understandable but so scary and sad and...I was really sad okay? x-o

And most Harvest Moon games move me to tears too at various moments. Especially when one of my animals dies.

16. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Please...it would mean a great deal to me if you would share, in detail, which parts of Xenoblade touched you.

Also, did you play The Last Story? :slight_smile:

Regarding my answer. I cried my eyes out after finishing Silent Hill 2.

I felt absolved. The tension just rushed out of me. That game is so well written it could be studied as literature.

17. Juneberry

Out Status:
    Some people
    The story about the Floette and the Kalos war is surely a touching tale. Pokemon does tend to come up with some interesting tales at times.

Ah! Another really touching and sad game was Eternal Sonata. I cannot play that game and not feel like crying during some of those cutscenes.

Oh yeah. Has anyone played Summon Nights: Twin Age? The general story about the two main playable characters and their interactions made me feel bad a bit too.

18. Eli33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I admit, yup, Persona 3 made me a little teary-eyed. Persona 3 is probably my favorite game of all time. A certain part of it, mentioned on the first page, is particularly powerful if you play as the female protagonist on the PSP version and level up a certain social link.

I'm surprised someone else mentioned Eternal Sonata here, but really glad. Eternal Sonata definitely toyed with my emotions a bit too. Absolutely beautiful game.

And lastly, strangely enough... Journey. That final bit of the trek, with that music, and everything, almost made me cry. I could list a few more, but eh, that's good enough. Although looking at what you all have said, it seems I need to go out and get a few more games to play. :3 Particularly Brothers. And I'm really looking forward to finishing my Pokemon X... It seems there may be something more engaging story-wise than I expected.

19. sparkpenguin

sparkpenguin Guest

So many moments in TWD :frowning2:

20. Gallatin

Beating Juventus in the Champions League final with Charlton Athletic in FIFA 11. I just about jumped through my roof when I scored the winning goal!