1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking Advice and Support

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rainbow1, Nov 11, 2012.

1. rainbow1

I've been attracted to women since I was a toddler. I've only had deep attractions and feelings for women but I did have a boyfriend in high school for over a year. While I identify as a lesbian, I also feel attraction toward men ( a big part of it has to do with fulfilling my ego-feeling wanted) but I know I can never feel about them the way I do about women. When I first met my girlfriend I told her I was completely gay. But as I grow older, I notice that I can find men attractive, even sexually. She felt very hurt and deceived when I told her this. She tells me, "you're not gay, you're bisexual and you will end up with men." However, while technically I may be classified as bisexual, my feelings toward men and women are completely different. Seeking thoughts and support. Thanks everyone.

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello love. It seems like she may believe some of the bisexual myths, hence the "you're not gay, you're bisexual and you will end up with men." Perhaps you can talk this over with her. You were't being dishonest with her if you really thought you were gay. It happens. It's okay. (*hug*)

I'm bi and that would be rather sad if I was somehow "definitely" going to end up with men. I quite like women.