1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeing my Best Friend Naked

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pavanpoppy, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, but I completely disagree. There's a sacred bond of trust between a married couple. I'm sure your wife would be horrified that you'd shown naked pics of her to your friends, and in doing that without telling her, you're taking advantage of the bond of trust you have with her.

And not all gay people need to have gay roommates. I've had plenty of both straight and gay housemates. Just because someone is your housemate isn't a license to treat them disrespectfully, take secret naked pictures of them, or anything of the sort. If you have any sort of personal integrity, it's just wrong.

2. Akatosh

Woah dude. What do you not understand about the legality of that act? It's illegal because 99.999% of anyone with a moral compass knows its wrong. Dont excuse it because you have little respect for your wife. Giant spaghetti monster curses, wow...:eusa_naug

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2012 at 01:27 PM ----------

My roommate is straight, and have never had a gay roommate. Wooooords!!!! I cannot say!!!

3. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, this may be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

4. Dalmatian

When it comes to krichards post, I don't think any comment is truly needed. However, he might have made the biggest impact when it comes to clearing out the moral perspective of the original question :grin:

Regarding OP, I definitely agree it was a very wrong thing to do. Of course it can be argued that this is morally not much different than sneaking a peek in locker rooms, but if we are going to be honest, we all know it's not the same.
    Personally, I would be much more hurt by my friend making a tape than by the fact the tape exists. In that regard, I too agree that confession would probably not help. But, I do think the tape should be destroyed.

In the end, whether it is a big deal to the friend depends on him and how self-conscious about his body he is. I know people whose world would shatter if they thought someone saw them naked and I know those who couldn't care less.