1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret life of Charles

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by DeskOfBeth, Sep 24, 2018.

1. DeskOfBeth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Names are fictitious for anonymity, accounts are true)

I'm writing to find answers. I'm in a relationship with a man and have been for 8 years, we were planning to get married. I found out 5 days ago that in 2013 he had been posting ads on Craigslist in casual encounters. The ads were very direct and to the point, he described exactly what he wanted and what he wanted to do. There were many ads seeking male sexual partners for mutual masturbation. A couple ads seeking women for FWB and another for a long-term relationship with a woman who had "self-respect", obviously I didn't!

Well, when I confronted him, he denied everything and refused to talk about it. He simply said he had an addiction but he "never did anything". I guess my first question was how could he put so many ads on Craigslist and never get a response, never do anything?

Could this all be a sick joke?
    Am I such a co-dependent that I could believe this? That he merely was playing "catfish"games?

Now with the new finding of Charles "secret life" the pieces were all coming together. It became clear that this was not just a problem of deceit, lies and cheating, I had just found out about "what's hidden"
    He denied everything and we ended our 8 year relationship. He gave me no reason or explanation. He got his belongings from my home, blocked my phone number and I have not seen or heard from him since.

backtracking: unanswered questions and my denial. For several years I ignored my gut feeling. I knew something was wrong but I could not pinpoint it. Hours he went missing, mistruths and fabricated stories.
    Why was there a bottle of scope under the seat of his truck?? I always wondered this. He came home clean shaven, he began shaving his pubic hair. I became an investigator and interrogator, always trying to find answers, waiting for him to slip up and always on edge. I was exhausted and my life became a vicious cycle of doubt and suspicion. It was all toxic.

Recently, I was diagnosed with anal lesions and pre-cancer though I only had conventional sex with my partner. I had no idea how I could have contracted HPV, which I was told by my doctor was the origin of my problem.
    I have had four surgeries to remove pre-cancerous cells and I am at high risk of anal cancer. I will need bi-yearly testing for the rest of my life.
    Opinions and seeking support please.
    Thank you,
    Diane

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Diane.....Hello and a very big welcome to empty closets! I am so sorry for the difficulties that you are facing and have faced. I don't think I have any answers for you...but I do have a ***HUG*** There are a number of really great forums here on EC...check them out and then join in. There are folks here who have been through situations similar to yours, I'm sure that they will answer your post with encouragement and suggestions. I am so glad that you have found us here on EC.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: