1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RainbowJay, Jul 27, 2010.

1. I won two free passes to see it last night. Me and a friend saw it at around 7:00 P.M. or so. The theater was about halfway full. I only laughed a couple times, but they were gigantic laughs. The CGI was a little inconsistent, but it worked.

Cera is annoying as hell. I really wish that Jesse Eisenberg or someone else could have done the role.

Winstead was fantastic. She oozes sex appeal and gets some of the very best lines. I primarily went to see this movie for her (and Kieran Culkin) and was not disappointed at all. This girl needs more roles.

Chris Evans had a fucking awesome cameo.

Kieran Culkin stole the whole entire movie. He elevated a simple "slightly sassy gay friend with sharp wit" role effortlessly. I do personal Oscar lineups, and I think he just might stay in my top 5 for Best Supporting Actor.

Overall, it was pretty good. 7/10

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    everyone I know who say this said it was awsome!
    am I the only one who thinks Micheal Cera is cute?

3. VampConspiracy

Maybe a little too cute. That kinda goes for the whole thing, anyway.

4. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    I saw it twice so far, and loved it. The soundtrack is so much easier to cherish after seeing the film.

5. RainbowJay

Wooot, I wanna see it again!

I love the Garbage Truck song xD and in a special way, the Crash and the Boys songs are great 'cus of Wallace's feedbalk :lol:

6. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    Wallace is my hero. I never really wanted to be a copy of a character on TV or in a movie, until him. (thankfully this isn't possible... but it's a good password question :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

7. Beachboi92

I loved this movie so much
    It is easily my new favorite, the soundtrack rocks out, and i laughed so much during it and i never laugh at movies. xD I love the retro video game references and some of the randomness, and wallace made my life.
    I also thought the visual effects where placed into it in a really cool way that made it fun and really feel like i was watching a comic book.

I enjoyed the characters a lot, and there was so many fun references and randomness, and just epic epicness. I could watch this movie 90000 times and never get tired of it.

The humor really appeals to me and i get all the references which makes me happy. I didn't read the comic as i am afraid it might ruin something for me, but i'd give the movie 10/10 but i can definitely see why it wouldn't be to some peoples taste or understand how people who read the comic might not place as high a rating on it as that tends to be how movies made after books/comics etc end up.

In conclusion i'd like to say i personally never have really like Micheal Cera in movies or much at all but for this one i thought he was perfect and i really enjoyed it, and at times he was even cute (lead singer of Sex Bob-Omb is so much more attractive though xD)

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2010 at 08:19 PM ----------

The Micheal Cera situation is sorta like how i felt about Christine Stuart until i saw her in Adventure land, both times it is just a role perfect for the persons personality.

8. x2x2x2x2y2

Saw it last night. It was pretty good. A little bit too weird IMO, but still awesome.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    K I am OFFICIALLY pissed off >_> This weekend Scott Pilgrim is STILL not going to be at my theatre. Instead Nanny McPhee 2, Vampires Suck, and Pirahna 3D is. I get the first and last, but really? Vampires Suck over Scott Pilgrim? WTF

10. Owen91

Owen91 Guest

I saw this a couple nights ago. I went in totally expecting to hate it but OMG I LOVED IT WITH MY WHOLE HEART! Haha.

It was just really clever and I loved all the little visual effects and style that was used. And the whole thing was just downright funny. (Okay, well, to ME it was funny. My sister didn't really get all the nerdy jokes so she didn't like it all that much.)

Oh, and the soundtrack's great. Love "Black Sheep" and "We Are Sex Bob-omb."

11. pteen

I honestly didn't really know what the movie was about before i saw it :lol: but it was pretty good i had a few good laughs as well. :grin: I'm surprised they didn't build it off of stereotypes though those movies get on my nerves.

12. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think after finally seeing this movie I've fallen in "lesbians" with it.

My only beef was that it didn't really touch upon the background of some of the other characters, I felt it could've done so well as a 2-part movie, but I guess that's something that is always gonna happen going from book (or comic) to movie.

Regardless of all that I was smiling throughout the entire movie and cracking up at others ("I wanna pee on her...")

13. Nomad187

Oh wow where to start? Such an amazing movie, so funny. The visual effects were great and worked well and the soundtrack is amazing. All the characters worked well and Wallace was just purs epicness.

I have tried poking some girls in the back of the knee but so far it hasn't worked. =[

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great movie. While Kieran isn't the most attractive guy to me...him kissing Jimmy was hot lol. And just all other Wallace parts lol I mean sure...usually I hate people portraying gays as erm...sluts...but on Wallace it worked because it was more a laughable matter rather than anything lol

15. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sounds good! :slight_smile:

Too bad I have to wait another month to watch it.. I hate living in this country. Always take forever for things to get here.. We always get it last! :frowning2:

16. QuestionMark

QuestionMark Guest

This thread is reaallly old, but they shot this movie in my neighbourhood :grin: like in the park up the street (during the snowy scene where they go on the swings), or at Casaloma and Lee's Palace and Pizza Pizza. Scott's house where he grew up is the house two doors down from me...they had to put a LOT of fake snow all over the place and remove some of the park equipment, but at least they gave us free tickets...