1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School soon and ive just come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dylann258, Jan 22, 2010.

1. dylann258

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey EC, im new here lol, Anyway, ive just come out over the school holidays, and now im worried that when i go back to school in 5 days it gonna be "bash-a-queer" day everyday until hell knows when

Any advice on how to beat the worries??:bang:

2. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you worry too much

unless you have good past history that you will get beat up because of being gay in your area

3. Shevanel

Welcome to EC Dylan (*hug*)

Congrats on your coming out.

About getting beat up because you're out, try not to worry too much about that, sure, it does happen, but not THAT often. If you ever feel threatened or anything though, don't hesitate to tell a teacher, or counselor, or somebody. No matter what anyone says, don't be ashamed to do that. Just know that you've got the upper hand at all times. A lot of kids these days are much more accepting (obviously not all of them though), so hopefully you won't run into problems. Good Luck, and again, Welcome to EC!

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

First off, congratulations on coming out and on your journey thus far.

I wouldn't worry all too much about the possible negative reactions that you might be getting. Rather, I would try to concentrate on the positives of your coming out. You are yourself around others, you don't have to 'hide' and you have accomplished a difficult thing to do. In some ways you are ahead of the game.

Do you have a couple of good friends who have accepted you and are supportive? I would suggest hanging out with them, and trying to be around them for extra support and maybe confide in them that you are a bit fearful of negative reactions. Being around them could provide you with a confidence boost.

Does your school have a LGBT support group? Maybe look into it (if you haven't) and see if your school has one. Often times LGBT groups are a good source of support as well.

5. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi,if anyone comments on your "gayness" ALWAYS remember to hold your head high and never look ashamed of who you are.If you come accross as confident about it all these silly people wont be able to get at you or make you annoyed so they will move on and find someone else to make fun of.
    If you have a support group there,go and join it,seeing this confidence in you people will either leave you alone or maybe even start to "secretly" look up to you as a person who has the ability to succeed at what you want to do.
    These close-minded type of people usualy move on if they dont get the reaction they are looking for.
    I wish you all the best of luck and congrats on coming out.

6. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say beat the worries by telling him ASAP. If you're comfortable and ready, telling him would be the best option.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Isn't Australia semi-accepting of gays? I could be wrong, but Aussie (no offense if you take this term wrong) seems like a relatively safe place...