School Dances

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Taurusguy92, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Taurusguy92

I know this is more geared toward the younger audience, but I feel this might be another good place to voice my opinion. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of only hip-hop and rap being played at dances. I don't understand why they play this if it's almost impossible to dance too. I think they should play more techno/dance. I mean the genre is called Dance for crying out loud. I would suggest Happy Hardcore but it makes most people's ears bleed lol. I've tried to reform my school's dances and it worked once and everyone loved it and then they went back to the old type.

I guess part of the reason that I don't like the dances is because with the music they play it seems like you can only grind. Sure, dancing is supposed to be sexy and everything but that isn't really in my opinion anyway, it's just swaying back and forth. I know mine allows more for just jumping up and down but at least that's fun. Also you can dance too it though. Another reason why this is better than grinding is that you can jump up and down right behind a girl or guy and they would think nothing of it :wink: So WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?! Who else believes that the dances should play music you can actually dance to?!?!?!

2. BrownBoi89

Well from what I remember, my school just played whatever was popular on the radio, that was danceable, so basically Top 40. They played Hip-Hop, R & B, Pop, Reggae, and Reggaeton, and they did play a few Techno/Dance songs (only the ones people knew though) and maybe a few Rock songs too. I think it depends on the crowd and the DJ you hire. And a lot of old school stuff too. If you request songs maybe the DJ will play the music you want. But yeah most of the songs are Hip-Hop, and I like you prefer Dance/Techno over Hip-Hop, so they should play a more variety. I think it depends on what is popular in the area/city you live in, what most people listen to at your school, and the type of DJ you hire.

3. Taurusguy92

Which is y I can't wait till I'm 18 and find a techno club somewhere, and if that doesn't work... I'll have to figure out a way to get to Europe lol

4. Roralo

Roralo Guest

Holy hell do I agree.
    We had two minutes of 'Dance' music at our homecoming, and it made the crowd go wild with happiness. Sandstorm and everytime we touch. That was all. They need to play dance music more often.