1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scaring myself, fears of the future

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AbsoluteNerd, Aug 15, 2017.

1. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Before I start complaining about my life, a disclaimer: I'm not totally sure if this really belongs here instead of in general support and advice, but whatever

I was reading, of all things, a Hunger Games fanfic when I was struck by the thought that I might never get to the point of being able to be intimate with someone because of my gender. I am not a brave person, I am a coward who puts on a false persona every morning because I'm afraid of trying to be me. I might never get around to really working on any kind of transition simply because I don't have the strength to open up about this to the people who can help me, and because of that, I can't really have a real, loving relationship with anyone. I can't love someone and be in a relationship with them but not be myself around them, becuase that's not a real relationship, but I don't have the courage be myself around much of anyone, and therin lies the dilemma. I have no idea what to do. I want to believe that I will find a way to be happy, but I feel so lost and hopeless right now, and I'm scared that I'll never find a way.