1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jessica79, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Jessica79

Hey everyone could you help me :frowning2: I am planning on starting HRT in maybe a year or so when I leave home but I have a very big fear of not being accepted I know I will be disowned by many people I love I see all these MtF videos and it makes me cry I can't be myself because of the fear of being outed ;-; I might move to germany with my german family and start a new life. :tears:

2. Nick07

(*hug*) Don't be scared. A lot of things can happen in the next year. You may join a support group, meet more trans* people, your parents can meet someone who knows a trans* and they may start to be (more) accepting.

3. Skyline

Always remember that more often than not, things won't turn out as bad as you might think. You could be scared of everyone rejecting you--then find out that some of them are more supportive than you could have ever imagined.

I can't speak for the people you know, but I'm almost certain some of them might surprise you!

4. Jessica79

Where I live most people wont accept it :frowning2:

5. newgirl31

6. Jessica79

Awts ty (*hug*)

7. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aw, it's ok. I know the feeling. I'm scared of not being accepted when I start on hormones too. But we'll be ok, I'm sure. (*hug*)

8. Jessica79

^_^ (*hug*) I just wish I could tell if I had the support of my family :frowning2:

9. Juliette1428

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really sorry about your family situation, but I hope everything turns out well. I was lucky enough to be in a family that is completely comfortable with transgenders.
    But I'm sure you'll be better off when your body starts developing the way you feel it should. I'm bigender - which is a subdivision of transgender, where I feel like there is both a girl and a boy inside me - so I understand how hard it is to feel like you're trapped in the wrong body and how nice it feels to be in the right one. I spend half my time in each one. I know that nothing can replace the love you deserve from your family, but at least you can know that you're not alone. And once you've started, go all the way - don't get stuck halfway.

10. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that feeling too I'm afraid...right now I'm just hoping that they'll be accepting enough.

11. Hot Pink

The fear of being rejected by my friends and family is what kept me in the closet for so long. Eventually, I had nothing left to lose, so I came out. I was surprised. Nearly all of my friends and family accepted me--most already knew. I did lose one friend, though, so it can still happen, but I agree that the results are far more likely to surprise you. You should give your loved ones more credit.

12. Jessica79

I'm the only child my dad talks to and I think he would want a son for to do masculine things with not a daughter my dad is very hard to predict its just him I'm worried about he will probably try to convince me it's a phase or force me to not go along with the transition :tears:

13. AvowingAvery

Your expectations can surprise you. I was horrified to come out to my family. I live in a very small farm town where everyone knows each other and are pretty religious, typically one of the worst places in the world to be someone of LGBTQIA. But I couldn't take it anymore so I told my mom. Then she told my dad. And then soon everyone knew who I really was. And guess what. They were all supporting. Of course a few didn't like it, including my father (who still hates it because he doesn't want two daughters, but at least tries to support me in his own way). So I guess what I'm trying to say is, you never know what someone's reaction will be until you come out to them. The most unlikely of people just might be the most supportive.