1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of wisdom teeth outing myself?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by concernedwith, Jun 6, 2017.

1. concernedwith

Hello, so I have to get my wisdom teeth removed within the next three months, and I'm TERRIFIED that I'm going to out myself or say something sexual/gay after the removal. Is there any way to avoid this? Do you know what you're saying? Do you have control of what you're saying? Please don't say "it will be written off as drugged up talk!", because my parents won't care, they'll think I mean what I'm saying. Please help.

2. snowypawwolf

Hi!
    Does anyone know about your orientation? Can you ask some friends to help you back home from the procedure or your parents are your only option? Or maybe tell your friend to be next to you and talk to you about something completely unrelated to sex until the effect goes away. Although I doubt it will happen. Try not to overthink it before! Good luck!

3. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Say no to the drugs if it's possible. :icon_bigg

Most don't even need drugs here in europe and it didn't even hurt when i got mine removed.
    I just got a injection in my teethgum to dull my nerves and was fully aware what i was saying.

4. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think you need to worry. I have been under anesthesia several times (and yup--for wisdom teeth too!) Every time after coming out of it I have been dopey, a bit mixed up and kind of 'slurry'/woozy. But I've never said anything of any consequence. I've certainly never revealed any deep dark secrets or anything like that. Keep in mind anesthesia is just that--it's not truth serum or anything.

That's been my experience anyway. My guess is by the time you make it home the pain meds will be kicking in and you will just fall asleep. Good luck--I think you will be fine! :slight_smile:

5. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my wisdom teeth out and I had the same experience as Moonsparkle. I didn't say anything out of the ordinary or share any secrets. I wouldn't worry about it too much, just don't be obsessing over it beforehand and you should be fine.

6. Really

You don't have to go under general to have your wisdom teeth out. I had all four out with just local anaesthesia. No biggie. Every had a cavity filled? It's the same as for that.

It felt like it was over in half an hour but actually took 1.5 hours. It really is no big deal. Just say you don't want/need to be put under. They do it both ways all the time.

7. concernedwith

I gag extremely easily, so I don't think that's really an option for me :icon_sad:

8. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow. Now I'm worried I will reveal my deepest secrets once my wisdom teeth are removed.

I think if you just don't worry about it, it won't come up. I'm no psychologist, but I feel like we are more likely to mention something if we can't stop thinking about it.

9. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed with Assassin.

10. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're worrying too much. I agree with assassin. The more we think about something, the more likely you can't get your mind off it, the more likely you'll say something. Just try preoccupying yourself with other things to get your mind off it.

11. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also feel that distracting yourself mentally with something else will help. There was a time when I had considerable problems with my anxiety condition. The advice for managing it was the same as what Assassin and the others are saying. Having something else to focus on will help you relax and make it through.

#11 Senpai25, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2017
  12. GayIsTheWay374

I understand what you are trying to say, and I would be worried too. I don't know what to say except for good luck! <3

13. Really

I wonder if you could practice breathing through your nose because that's really all you need to do. Lie on your bed, mouth open and just spend a few minutes every once in a while using only your nose to breathe. Over time, it should feel more natural and easier to do for longer periods of time.

Just a thought. :astonished:

14. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha, I felt the same way when I had mine removed. From what I was told, I never said anything specific; I just laughed about lame things.

15. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I got my wisdom teeth removed, I never outed myself. I think the more you think about it, the more it will be on your mind and the more likely it will come out. The docs said people mostly laugh, cry or feel nothing.

16. anthracite

anthracite Guest

When you're on that drug, you are busy counting down until you sleep. Then you wake up. I was shaking and my first issue was to figure out where the fuck I was and the second thing was I wanted to see how shitty I look. You don't talk crap or anything.

17. SomeUsername

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know how common it is for people to tell secrets or if it happens at all, but I agree that it would probably be more likely if you're worrying over it. Maybe you could listen to music or something to distract you?

18. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol, when I first read it I wondered why the hell wisdom teeth removal would out you.

When I got them taken out, I just had local anastesia, so yeah, apart from the really uncomfortable sounds I was hearing, nothing happened much.

I have no experience with stuff like laughing gas (and I don't know why being put to sleep would make you say shit?), but like others have said, if it DOES make you shit talk, thinking about it will only make it worse.