1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw some ECers at Pride today!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Just Adam

no offence but your talking shit now.... people are raised in society and it has been telling them for a long time we aint good to put it mildly they then pass it on to the kids and so on be it form prejudice or religios miss quoteing out of context

im losing my best friend over this and many people have lost friends and family.

sexuality i a core animal instinct and the feelings for it can be very deep. the more help the better for everyone to accept and welcome lgbt peopole as the same upstanding people they themselves are the better

2. Just Adam

and im sorry becky your threads been hijacked i feel bad about that a great happy thread is becoming i a depressive one im sorry :frowning2:

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Its okay.

Jenn, not all "friends" join PFLAG for the support. I thought I said this but maybe it didn't get posted. They come because they want EQUALITY for their friends and PFLAG works for that! In fact, most of those "friends" are GLBT people themselves. Please do not be so critical unless you've attended a PFLAG meeting.

4. Jennn

5. Just Adam

friends need the help as they arent informed most the time and we dont like giving up on friendships if we can make them better. sure some people arent worth having in the end but alot are just ignorant from society or the way their raised.

also we ow it TO society to try and educate friends to stop further generations of intollerance and bigotry

i dont want kids growing up in 10 years or so having same troubles i want us to make a difference to help everyone see us as we are.

6. Absentminded

Personally, I've lost friends because of my orientation, and then I've had others that just needed support in knowing what to do because their friend isn't in the social norm, and it's what they were brought up to be against. I have a few friends who have grown up with the bible, and when I told them they were like ":confused: shit...how do I go about this one?" Sometimes it can be confusing, especially in a small town where being gay isn't talked about. Sometimes they just need support in overcoming the homophobia that they were raised with, in order to keep a friendship that they've had, and hopefully realize that orientation means nothing.

7. someguy82

I made it up to Portland for the Saturday festivities, which were a lot of fun, but I had just a little too much fun and was a little too hung over to make it out Sunday.

8. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow that's well amazing that you saw them there. Dont think any ECers live in my city.

9. Jim1454

WOW! Lane's back on EC! (!)

It's really cool that they saw you Becky.