1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Santorum: Gay marriage will cause global crisis

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's unfortunate is there's a segment of the population that actually believe that Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, Mike Huckabee, and the other crazies are actually saying reasonable, sensible things.

I can't help but think there are an awful lot more really, really stupid people in this country than there were 40 or 50 years ago.

2. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @Chip, I'm not convinced that there are *more* stupid people now, but it's just easier to publicize them. Also, if all you were brought up with was one-way of thinking, does that just make you ignorant, or stupid, too?

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

The terrible thing about this is, that he knows it's a blatant lie and people will still gobble it up, despite countries like the Netherlands and Canada having SSM for over 10 years without any disasters, great or small being caused by it.

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    96%? Whenever I hear Republican politicians making speeches, I hear some questionable numbers without references. It just takes away any credibility they might have had.

5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

You know the saying: 78,89124% of statistics are made up on the spot.

6. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, here's my two cents:

1) There aren't just more stupid people in the world, that's not the case. It's just all the crazies have somehow pretty much snuck into the Republican party and all the other crazies from the Democrats joined them and all the respectable republicans were just pushed out and/or joined the Democrats because they couldn't stand being in the "new and improved" Republican party. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2) I HATE Rick Santorum. It's not that I just don't like him, I LOATHE him. He has made so many statements that are just downright misogynist. He is against all of the following: Feminism, single mothers, ALL FORMS of contraception (especially for women), abortions, and women in the military. And now he is against same sex marriage, too! (Well, it's not surprising at all, but now I just have more reasons to hate him)

3) PS, Rick Santorum, nobody wants you at their wedding.

7. lemons123

reading the news here while drinking something at the same time = big mistake :slight_smile:.