1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same-sex situation that helped confirm your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Heyitsbee, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Heyitsbee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys, hope you’re all having a good weekend! I am currently a bit confused about my sexuality as I have had some experiences but I am currently learning to be comfortable with the idea of being in a same-sex romantic relationship. (I came from a religious upbringing and that combined with comp het has made me manage to block it out...until now!) I think I am slowly accepting myself but I feel like I will probably only know for sure when I’ve tried it. Has anyone here had a moment/same sex situation that helped confirm your sexuality? :slight_smile:

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @Heyitsbee,

I don’t think you need to have “tried” it know, or at least it’s certainly not necessary for everyone.

For me, I came to the conclusion that it made sense that I was gay in theory, but I had no real life “evidence” to back it up. So, no crushes on women or anything. But then I crossed paths with a female former colleague, who I’d unconsciously had a crush on, and it all started to fall into place.

I think I would have reached the same conclusion eventually anyway, but it did help to speed things along.