1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russia Bans "Gay"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Saxarisol

In politics, it has not and will never be honest people. All of them, without exception, striving for power and money. Just tell the different. So there is no guarantee that those who "sings you fanfare", will perform his promise by coming to big money and power!
    Yes, I don't want to talk here about politics. But in case you're wondering, I say so: in the elections for the Presidents of the РФ I voted for Putin. My position is clear? I think so.
    The issue of sexual orientation by Tchaikovsky is placed onto the rumor not because such policies, but because this fact is not proven. This is just a guess.
    We (in Russia) aren't talking about sexual orientation in public. This is considered to be obscene! Because it's personal life, which no one has to know, apart from him and his loved ones! We have such decency. So I don't understand why homosexuals need a Gay Parade. All know with whom they have sex? To dance in the feathers with bare ass?!
    I specifically looked at YouTube as being gay parades. If this is the publicity you say, sorry, can condemn me for this, but I don't want to see this in my country. Not under any pretext...
    No one has the right to kill, to insult gays as aggressive homophobic people. They must respect their right to privacy with whomever they choose. But also homosexuals should be aware that you cannot stand for life on public display! So far this is the only compromise, to which our society has come. At us different mentality. What is right for the West, Russia is not appropriate. At least for now. You must understand this.
    I know what the children have access and are curious. I'm not naive.
    Children normally interested in such matters. They want the world to know. And the task of adults is to submit this information in the correct format. Let be such lessons in schools, I don't mind. Let the teachers teach students correctly on what sexual orientation are, how they are formed and where to turn if the child, a secret from everyone, feels that way.
    No pickets we don't need! I do not want, that to my child, which I take away from school after employment (the girl, ten years), without me in the street, near school, approached another's people and told to it about an another's sexual life! What do you say?! You think this is normal?! If for you it is normal behavior for gays, if you a peaceful picket, we'll never understand each other!
    In order to understand how to actually stand in today's Russia, you have to live in that country. Not just a tourist to come for a week to see the attractions, namely live. And you probably want at least two or three years. Work there, make friends with the Russians or simply with the rossiyanami (Rossiyanami we call all citizens of the Russian Federation. They do not necessarily an ethnic Russian, but Russian-speaking. Russians are exactly those who are ethnic Russians. I am rossiyanka and the Russian at the same time, because not only a citizen of Russia, but also on a nationality Russian), then you really understand our mentality and many things will become clear to you: they no longer will you amaze or frighten, then you really understand that normal for us and what doesn't.

P.S. In my country there is a saying: "В чужой монастырь со своим уставом не ходят". In English it looks something like this: "When in Rome do as the Romans do". So this is my last post here, because my point of view I have expressed. Nobody want to impose on her. But you also have to think about the saying...
    We are all different, each has the right to live his life the way he wants and the right one for yourself. If someone hurt my posts, I apologize to those people.
    Also once again apologize for my English, but I hope you understood what I wanted to tell you.

2. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I see. Since you aren't planning to reply, I won't waste our time with a long post.

All I would say, is that I could've been in Moscow right now, probably wealthier and with a better job (A close relative lives there and often asked why don't I do just that.) I'm not there, partly because of my opinion of Yeltsin and "project Heir" Putin (and if you wonder, even less respect for so-called "democrats." They deserve every derogatory nickname people gave them. ) So, yes, looked this way I have zero right to agitate anyone in Russia one way or the other. I also very well understand Russia's traditional concern of not becoming a mere carbon copy of The West, or its exploited poor cousin.

That said, I firmly believe that many people (including, but not limited to gays,) deserve better. And hoping that a kind uncle in Kremlin (or White House) is just going to give them that is stupid. All they would do on their own is pass laws like the one in the first post. And the only way to change that is to give them repulse, by any (non-violent) means necessary. That's how it always worked everywhere else.