1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock Music? :D

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mansonsgirl27, Oct 12, 2012.

1. mansonsgirl27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love groups like Green Day, Avenged Sevenfold, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, My Chemical Romance, Marilyn Manson, David Bowie, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and blink-182. What rock music do you like? :3

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm generally a fan of hard rock, particularly metal, which I'd probably peg as my favorite genre. As far as bands go, I'm fond of Otep, Nightwish, Agalloch, Megadeth's thrashier songs, and Woods of Desolation. Depending on my mood, I also like alternative rock, progressive rock, pop rock, and just flat-out rock and roll.

3. Retrospect

I love Nightwish! Did you hear about their lead singer?

My favorite rock band is Autumn. They're not well known or very typical, but they're good. Here are a few of my favorites: [YOUTUBE]twU4RqY9tlE[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]Ifk52doSRXo[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]_EI6_J4VIgg[/YOUTUBE]

4. ysp321

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Whooooooo David Bowie! He is a god :eusa_clap For a long time I was extremely into the late 1960s psychedelic movement and the early 1970s glam and progressive rock. Then I mozied over into more modern-era independent rock; typically of some type of folk or punk interest. Right now my musical obsessions are probably Of Monsters and Men, Rilo Kiley, the Mountain Goats, Against Me!, Laura Marling, Tony Sly and Joey Cape's Acoustic II, Fleet Foxes, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Alkaline Trio, Fleetwood Mac, and Rise Against. I just keep shuffling all of the songs I have by those artists and I've been stuck doing so for nearly three months lol.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to like older bands such as AC/DC, The Monkees, The Who, The Beatles.. Grateful Dead.. Bob Marley, Tom Petty, Elton John (Yeah, I know.. Not exactly old, comparitively), Queen, The Eagles/Don Henley, Fleetwood Mac (amazing guitarist), and a few others I can't name off the top of my head, right now..

6. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I like a lot of the same bands already listed. Marilyn Manson being my absolute number one favorite! I grew up listening to Manson, he's my Rock Papa. :grin: I also love metal/screamo bands. Some that only scream like iwrestledabearonce and some that scream and sing beautifully like Killswitch Engage and SevenDust. There are plenty more, but I'll keep the examples short so I'm not naming 50 bands in one post.

Now recently I've been raving about this band I just discovered. Arms Like Yours....OH MY GOD!! They are amazing! Such perfection in the way they mix melodous singing and emotional clear screaming. I only discovered them because of this other great band I discovered Know Lyfe. They're really great too. But Arms Like Yours...I've listened to their whole 6 song "My Silhouette" album every night as I fall asleep and as soon as I wake up and throughout the day and it's just soo fucking beautiful! The singer is amazing, the screamer is amazing, their instrumentals are just like whhaaa O.O! fucking awesome. If you're fond of screamo and you haven't heard of them yet, go now and listen to all the songs on My Silhouette (the actual song My Silhouette being the one that grabbed me first) and I promise you will fall right in love with these guys. Great talent. :thumpsup:

Here are my two songs from the album that just make me goofy smile. :grin:

Arms Like Yours - My Silhouette - YouTube

Arms Like Yours - I Shook The Ground When I Spoke My Words - YouTube

7. Gallatin

I tend to listen more to older rock music. I love The Beatles, The Eagles, Bruce Springsteen, and a whole host of others. My favorite genres tend to be pop rock, power ballads, and folk rock.

8. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

What a coincidence that you guys mention Marylin Manson. I'm busy listening to mOBSCENE. I've started listening to more of their stuff lately,some of it is not too bad! Why didn't I ever give them a chance?

I like Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, RHCP ( I even tolerate some of their crappier albums),Oasis (check out my username and pic), The Hives, Interpol. And I have a strong affinity towards super groups so The Raconteurs and Audioslave do it for me as well.

9. FollowtheFreeman

Classic rock, progressive rock, alternative.

Personally favorites consist of: Queen(the greatest band in all of history), E.L.O., The Beatles, RUSH, The Eagles, Boston, The Black Keys, Pink Floyd, The Who, Franki Vallie and the Four Seasons, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Heart, The Cars, Blue Oyster Cult, Flogging Molly, Deep Purple, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Styx, etc...

10. Faeyth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Alt rock? Why no RHCP? D:

Anyway. RHCP. Arctic Monkeys. Foo Fighters. Muse. Led Zeppelin. Primus. Dream Theater. RADWIMPS (this japanese punk rock band I recently found).

Yeah I love alt rock. Ciao!

11. LightningRider

I'll listen to just about anything. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

ACDC, The Beatles, All Time Low, Muse, Sleeping With Sirens, The Rasmus, Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, Sugarcult, Theory of a Deadman, Toto, Skrillex, Eminem, Bullet For My Valentine, Bon Iver, Panic! At The Disco, Michael Jackson...

Basically, you name it, I will more than likely be able to sit down and listen to it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    ...Except country. My entire family seems to think that country is the best and only type of music :/

12. mansonsgirl27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me too lol. For the majority of last year- I was stuck in the 70s. xD I seem to go through eras in the music I like. I will always love the stuff that I enjoyed previously tho :slight_smile: I love how you go through periods in the music you love, kind of like how Picasso had several different styles through his career.

13. SlickyPants

I will listen to just about anything and give it a fair chance but some of my all time favourites include Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rush and many others. I've been sort of fixated on Rush lately, probably because I just went to see thing in concert and everytime I hear it on the radio my foot starts tapping and my steering wheel becomes a drumset.

14. IllusiveRannoch

quite a few of the ones already listed, but the most skilled i've heard so far is DragonForce

15. DanD

I've played a lot of shows, drumming with bands covering Green Day, U2, Bowie, MJ, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, Nirvana plus lots of others... but, I love listening to Porcupine Tree - Steven Wilson is a genius songwriter and the structures and layered melodies are as perfect as perfect can be

16. kinison84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just saw Motley Crue and Kiss, it was a great show.

17. Thylia

Out Status:
    A few people
    I like metal and rock (mostly Japanese) some are The Gazette, Versailles, Girugamesh, Skillet, Eat You Alive and many others.

18. guitargirl1245

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like classic rock bands like Aerosmith,Guns N Roses, Queen,

I also like old school metal bands like Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Metallica

and I also like funk rock bands like The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Rage Against The Machine