1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revision and being in the closet :/

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by iGay14, Apr 14, 2013.

1. iGay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Err basically I have exams in may now and I find it pretty hard to do any sort of revision. I mean I try get my books out, laptop and whatever I need. I maybe do a tiny bit but in the end I just get distracted thinking about coming out to my parents so I hardly get much focused revision time. And instead I just end up floating off to my thoughts worrying, thinking about telling my parents and I don't really know what to do cause I don't feel ready to tell my parents but all that seems to jump into my mind is coming out to them and err I'm just not getting any revision done cause of it really. :confused: :icon_sad:

2. LD579

Well... I think you should hold off on telling your family. If you don't feel ready, then you're not.

There's no real easy way to go through this. You'll have to get into a 'groove' or study mode, somehow. Keep consciously telling yourself that. At this time, exams are more important than coming out, which can feel wrong / odd / harsh, but... Once your exams are over, you'll have much more free time and much less stress, so you'll be able to ponder the issue more fully and to your heart's content.

3. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok If your not ready to tell them.... don't. Now, the study. You can do little bits of study by engaging higher cognitive processing... Simply writing key phrases can allow you to do a lot of effective study in less time.

Just relax and when you're ready, you're ready...

best of luck!

4. lawRAWR

I am going through the EXACT same thing as you, I have 13 exams lined up soon. I'd suggest you do the same as me, and don't worry about coming out yet! It'll only clog your mind up with even more worries. Foucs on your studies, as these should be the priority in your life at this moment in time. (*hug*)

5. Ticklish Fish

study first then come out.
    like seriously, the semester is almost ending. FINISH STRONG