1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reminder to married folk: What you say here appears on Google

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SaleGayGuy, Mar 14, 2013.

1. aeva

I think it all depends on how much you're comfortable sharing with the world.

For instance: I have posted a ton of personal information about myself on EC...but I in 'real life' I am also a very open person. I am out to everybody, and I hold no secrets about myself. There is no question about my past that I would not answer, regardless of how sensitive the topic may seem. But I realize that I tell people things within the first hour of meeting them that it would take others months to admit to their therapists. That's just who I am.

So yeah, I'm sure I would be pretty easy to identify, should anybody care to look. But since there is no information on here that I wouldn't share face to face with somebody, I really don't worry too much about it.

I also totally agree with Ianthe. If somebody DOES find you...why were they looking in the first place??

2. Van

Van

I just googled thatlonelyguy empty closets and found my (two) avatars - along with avatars of other members of EC. :grin: (my current avatar also appears when you type just thatlonelyguy)
    You should be really specific if you're trying to find someone.
    But then... even if someone found my posts, I don't owe anyone explanation.

P.S. Paranoia is a bitch. :grin: Especially when you're in the closet.

#22 Van, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  3. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the heads up... im changing my username... ive alot to lose than to gain if i get snapped... :confused:

4. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Everyone,

I didn’t mean to frighten anyone with my post it was just intended as an observation before any of us says anything that we may later come to regret since this site is so great and easy to pour your heart out to.

Sale Gay Guy

5. tulman

Way back before STDS were such an issue I used to frequent a bath house on the north side of Chicago. Maybe I was being overly concerned but I would park on a side street a couple blocks away, wear sunglasses and a cap and take a look up and down the street for anyone who looked familiar before entering. Never saw anyone, it's just the way I'm wired.