1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religious beliefs poll.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SkyColours38, Mar 7, 2013.

1. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As for why God allows suffering, there are some possible other explanations I don't think I've seen so far:

• As some believe, there could be reincarnation with a need to pay a Karmic debt for a previous life.
    • Or Christian Science, which would argue disease is "wrong thinking."
    • Or perhaps there is an explanation we cannot understand because of limitations as human beings.

2. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

Irreligious agnostic polytheist. Grew up Protestant Christian. Formerly a nihilist and then a metaphysical naturalist.

I live in the Pacific NW of the USA.

---------- Post added 8th Mar 2013 at 02:02 PM ----------

You didn't bore me. :slight_smile:

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I fall under "Other" because I kind of believe that whatever you believe is the truth. As for my personal beliefs... Just ask me in a message because it's a REALLY long front based around several religions. I think it's really cool to see what everyone believes. It's nice to know that even though there's a lot of religious persecution in the world there's still a sense of spirituality among the community. :slight_smile:

4. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The core beliefs are basically to have respect for everything around you as you are greater than nothing. Every plant and living creature serves a purpose in this world. People tend to think that just because they can kill an animal or cut down a tree that they are better than either. In truth we all need Flora and Fauna to exist. One of the things that helps you to bond with nature is a vision quest. Just go out into Nature by yourself without anything and live for a few days. Having to survive by yourself in Mother Nature for a period of time makes you appreciate all that she gives us. Nothing is taken for granted; be it your next meal, shelter from the weather, or your own safety. It teaches humility and strips away your thinking that you are better than the world around you. It is a very spiritual and unforgettable experience. Yes we can dig up Mother Earth and build upon her; but Mother Nature has shown that no matter how advanced we become she can take it away from us in an instant with natural disasters. We do not own Mother Earth or Nature; we are simply allowed the chance to live on her before returning to her upon our physical death. And that chance to exist on her is a blessing, not something to covet. A tree does not covet its existence. It provides shade, food for animals, and oxygen within its lifespan. But even the mightiest oak tree can be taken down by a tiny termite. Something that takes a lot of manpower to do termites do naturally. But would any of us consider a termite to be their equal?

Rather than looking at things in a hierarchy pyramid with humans on top we should see life in a circular fashion. In fact, the core belief system for us is that all things are circular. Everything from our Pow Wows to how we conduct meetings are done as a circle. This is to show that everyone is equal; that no one person is better than another. It is a rather abstract concept for people to understand in society today. Everything now has someone who is of a higher ranking than someone else. In turn this shows power and authority which can be abused. When you tell someone that they are more important than someone else they will feel the need to show it. Would a figure of authority feel important if everyone treated them like some random person on the street? They could proclaim and decree all they want; but if no one holds that person higher than themselves the only thing that authority figure can exert is empty words. That is why in tribes everyone originally had a purpose. I could go on for hours on the topic, but I digress.

All things in this world have a beginning, existence, and eventual death. In the end we are all equal in death. Our body decomposes and returns to Mother Earth just like a plant or an animals death. Even rocks erode into dust over time. To this world we are no better than anything that exists on her. This belief system is why we try to stay humble and live in harmony with Nature. The reason that you never read about our beliefs or spirituality is due to the simple mandate that history is written by the victor. It is simpler to have people forget about us by painting our culture as being ancient and outdated.

5. Italy or Bust

Atheist. Was raised Catholic, didn't buy it even when I was an altar boy.

6. Devious Kitty

Atheist/Agnostic, although more importantly to me, anti-theist and proud skeptic. And no, despite the assumption that most people make due to the stigmatized labels, I don't hate religious people.